Information About Alex - Hove teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Alex:
Alex offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I have been been a musician since I was a young teen, starting with guitar and learning bass later on. I studied at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music when i was younger and I have plenty of experience playing with other musicians. From creating my own music in the studio and gigging with originals bands, my current involvement with a covers band as well acting as a dep for other artists. Now I am in my late 20s and I have sunk thousands of hours into this passion. I still continue to grow every day and I will do it until I die. Sharing this passion and passing on what I have learned to my students makes it even more exciting and I love watching people flourish.
I am a professional musician with a good level of practical experience in the field and I also teach one to one lessons on both my instruments
My approach is partly based on your career goals, musical tastes and interests, but also following my own syllabus along side where I include what I believe to be important subjects, concepts and ideas that are important for all guitarists and bassists to know and understand. This way I am opening you up to new territory and making sure your tastes are allowed to branch out as this is a great way to grow. However my main objective is to keep the lessons fun, and to keep you engaged and interested above all else.
- We will be learning parts to famous contemporary songs, as well as songs you might want to learn
- A strong emphasis on technique as well as developing consistent timing, and strength and dexterity in the fingers
- Looking into the defining characteristics of different styles as well as how the instrument is used in those styles, mainly pop, rock, metal, bues and funk
- We will learn music theory in a really simple way, and how to apply those ideas to your riff/bass line construction
- If necessary, a look into how to read and write musical score
- If there are any grades you want to achieve, I will work through the exam board syllabus with you
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Brighton Institute of Modern Music (2011) - Diploma (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Brighton Institute of Modern Music (2010) - Diploma (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Bexhill College (2009) - A level (College) (✘ Not On File)