Information About Tiffany - Krugersdorp tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Tiffany:
|High School||R 160.00|
|Exam Prep||R 200.00|
Hello, my name is Tiffany, I'm 24 and currently studying a BScHons in Microbiology. I completed my BSc in Life Sciences with distinction (cum laude), with the majors Zoology and Microbiology.
I’m interested in pursuing both postgraduate studies in life science education and scientific research. I'm a caring person by nature and I like teaching, especially biology as I'm highly familiar with the subject and able to teach it very fluidly.
I'm down-to-earth, methodical, logical and easy-going. Some of my interests are: animal welfare, photography, horse riding, gaming, aquatic ecology, venomous animal education, camping, herb and succulent gardening, cooking, piano and language.
- I have informal experience helping high school students in life sciences.
- I have experience in assisting both high school and university students online in a variety of subjects (chemistry, genetics, computer application technology, life orientation, statistics, zoology, environmental studies.)
- I have assisted others in exam preparation, project/task planning and execution, as well as term/semester scheduling. Having studied independently myself, I have experience in individually tackling formal studies and making a success of it.
- In university I have managed informal online groups which assist fellow struggling students in a support network .
- I tutor according to individual learning styles and preferences of the people I'm working with.
- Helping a student setup a terminology list is often essential, particularly in biology and for those not studying in their mother tongue.
- Revision and reviewing of work done in class is often required. Being familiar with biology, I'm able to streamline this process to make it less time consuming.
- I teach and encourage the use of neat notes, colour coding, summaries and a students own personal definitions to simplify learning and ensure understanding.
Having done some home-schooling in high school, I have had a few tutors myself. I often draw on my own experiences as the student to avoid pitfalls. For example, tutors who are too intimidating, who explain above the appropriate difficulty level, who do the work for the student instead of teach, or tutors who lean over students with bad breath… (haha)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Afrikaans
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- UNISA (2019) - Honours - Microbiology (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- UNISA (2018) - Life Science - majors in Zoology and Microbiology (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)