Press Coverage and Awards
We understand that finding a tutor online can be a daunting prospect. We hope that the following press coverage, recommendations and awards will help to show you that we are a great website from which to source or register as a tutor. Journalists, please contact us here.
- The Daily Mail/This is Money ran an advice piece on whether it is worth getting a tutor.
- The Sunday Times ran a story on the increase in demand for private tuition in Scotland, also debated up by The Scotsman and The Herald.
- TES highlights the numbers of teachers leaving the classroom to become tutors.
2015 and 2014
- We're featured in The Telegraph as part of their debate on which is better value; private schooling or state schooling plus tutoring? We also advised Telegraph readers on what to look for in a good tutor and featured as a recommended website to find work as a private tutor.
- The Daily Mail also featured us in their piece on quality part-time work.
- We have featured across the national and regional press for over a decade. Here are a few of our favourites:
- BBC News interviewed Anita Lee, Director at First Tutors: NZ for a piece on on 11+ entrance tuition. For parents with particular concerns about these exams, we're also in this useful advice piece in The Telegraph.
- ITV National News cited our research on the average cost of tutoring, as has The Independent.
- On the topic of undergraduate tuition, we've given interviews to the BBC and The Guardian regarding the increase in demand for private tuition from undergraduates.
- The Daily Telegraph featured one of our clients in a seasonal piece about private tuition and the trend for online tuition.
- On the topic of homeworking, The Guardian recommended tutoring as an excellent way to earn a little extra from home and recommended First Tutors: NZ as a good place to start. We also featured in their Home Business Innovation showcase.
- We gave advice on the right frequency of tuition in The Independent.
- Finally, we've commented on the use of tutors in schools in this Guardian piece.
First Tutors: NZ has been fortunate enough to win or be finalists for several business awards.
- Education Investor Supplementary Education Provider of the Year (we've won and been nominated as a finalist several times in this category).
- Dedipower Sunday Telegraph Digital Awards (national finalists)
- Working Mum Awards - Best SME (national finalists)
- Big Chip Awards - Best eBusiness (winners)
First Tutors: NZ is the only company in New Zealand which enables tutors to promote themselves through profiles for free which are then accessible to all individuals or families in search of private tuition in their local area. We are New Zealand's leading online tutor-matching service.
First Tutors: NZ offers private tuition at primary, secondary and degree level and also provides the criteria for students in preparation for entrance exams, NCEA Level 1 - 3 and degree examinations. Its directory of tutors specialise in all academic subjects such as English, Maths and Science, as well as niche subjects, catering for all individual needs.
First Tutors UK launched in 2005, and since then we have enjoyed rapid organic growth and have been featured on BBC Breakfast television, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, Cambridge Evening News, Enterprise Nation, Education Today, Mumzone, The Good Schools Guide and more.
We are happy to receive media enquiries and can be contacted via the contact us form below. Anita (co-founder) has given interviews on young entrepreneurship, running a small business and of course private tuition and is happy to provide an industry comment.
Prefer calling? Please do so on: 561998234844+ and leave a message - we'll get back to you quickly!