Information About Scott - Malahide tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Scott:
*Contact me if you’re interested in applied maths grinds.
Hi! My name is Scott, and I’m currently a student in Trinity College Dublin, studying engineering with management. I repeated the leaving cert in 2018 and increased my previous grade by over 85 points to 543 points, including 88% in higher level maths and 85% in higher level applied maths. Should you decide to book a grind with me, you will find me to be a very courteous, friendly tutor.
I have been providing grinds on a weekly basis since the start of September 2018 and have seen my students constantly exceed their own expectations throughout. Having repeated the leaving cert, I have first hand experience of what degree of detail and information must be provided in an exam to obtain high marks.
I have experience providing grinds to students of all levels, the most notable of which being:
- Students preparing for SAT exams
- 1st year students hoping to be streamed to higher level maths in 2nd year
- Higher level and ordinary level Junior Cert students
- Higher level and ordinary level Leaving Cert students
- Higher level Applied Maths students
Approach to Grinds:
Precautions being taken with regards to COVID-19:
- I will be using a contactless payment system to facilitate safe payment, this will be done at the end of each lesson.
- I will be carrying hand sanitiser which I will use frequently before during and after each lesson
- I will wear a face mask for each lesson upon request
- Students must bring their own copy book pages for note taking
Approach to grinds:
In my own experience, the key to any student getting the most out of their grind is to feel relaxed and comfortable with their tutor. I constantly work towards developing a positive, friendly relationship with my students during my grinds.
With regards to the maths, I constantly aim to have the student draw conclusions to problems themselves, rather than fully explain problems to them at the start. This serves two purposes: 1. It keeps the student engaged with the grind and 2. It means the student will have a better chance of retaining the information they’ve just learned. Of course the student may sometimes be genuinely stumped for an answer, in which case I find it very efficient to write out a solution to the answer, verbally detailing my thought process as I progress through each stage of the question. In many cases, having an insight into the thought process of somebody who intimately understands the material can be extremely beneficial for the learning of a student.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Trinity College Dublin (2018) - Engineering with Management (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Institute of education dublin (2018) - Leaving cert (School) (✔ On File)
- Institute of education dublin (2017) - Leaving cert (School) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||6|
|Students Providing Positive Feedback:|
He is getting really high results during class exams and his academic confidence is growing.
It’s easy to see Scott’s passion for wanting to be the best he can be. He sets extremely high goals for himself and strives to achieve them. This passion is contagious and he can demonstrate to any student that you can achieve whatever you want by working hard. He makes working hard seem fun and cool. We are so happy to have Scott tutor for us. He is an excellent role model for a teenage boy. If our son follows in his footsteps then we will be so proud.