Information About Bryan - Limerick tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Bryan:
- Studying Mathematics and Physics in UL, Second Year.
- Acheived an A in Leaving Cert Maths, an A1 (H1) in my Pre-Leaving Cert Maths exam, and an A in Junior Cert Maths.
- Just out of Senior Cycle, have a great understanding of the current syllabus (Project Maths) and the way in which the exam's questions are asked, this also applies to Junior Cycle.
- Attended the advanced class in Maths Enrichment in UL in 4th and 5th year, completed the Limerick Maths Olympiad in 4th and 5th year, and the Irish Maths Olympiad in 5th year.
- Have documentation showing my results/capabilities in Senior Cycle and Junior Cycle, and all Olympiads attended.
- Work experience completed in Primary school, had to teach Maths to the students.
- Very used to explaining mathematical concepts to classmates, siblings(older) and some teachers.
Approach to Grinds:
- Rather an understanding be given which can be applied to a large number of problems, than the usual rote learning style approach schools use, which tends to be boring.
- This implies learning what the student struggles with, and using multiple approaches to explain fully what is going on if the standard approach was found confusing.
- Heavy emphasis on exam questions, tapering down "hints" as experience and knowledge of subject grows.
- Showing good exam techniques acquired from experience, and highlighting what to look for in questions to get as many marks as possible when a concept doesn't click in an exam.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Coláiste Chiaráin (2017) - Completion of Leaving Certificate (School) (✘ Not On File)