Information about Phillipe - Brighton tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Phillipe:
// School Achievements:
✅ Raw 50 in 3/4 Biology
✅ 2017 MHS Biology Dux
✅ Scored raw 40+ in all VCE science-related subjects
✅ MHS Scholarship
✅ First-year Melbourne Med Student in 2021 (entry as competitive CSP spot - for highly ranked applicants)
✅ Scholarship to Monash University
✅ DUX of Monash Biomedicine in year 2 and year 3
✅ Selected as lead ambassador and interviewer for Monash University Open Day campaigns (**Removed By Admin**)
✅ Rank 1 (96%) for Microbiology, rank 1 (94%) for Pharmacology, within top students (96%) for Developmental Biology and (94%) Molecular Biology
✅ Perfect 7.00 GPA for Monash University Biomedicine
✅ Tutored 100+ students across 4 years
✅ 85% of my students have scored above 42 in biology and 95% scored 40
✅ Mentored students from below passing grades to 40+ scores
✅ Have been scouted by companies to lead their biology departments such as Connect, Edrolo, Intuition and many more.
✅ One of Melbourne's most well-known Biology tutors across select-entry schools
Now you KNOW I live and breathe this, and my students benefit EVERYTIME from my methods. I didn’t just ACE Biology myself, I keep teaching others how to excel also!
My tutoring process and method is the only of its kind in Victoria. My self-discovered high achieving success framework helps guide students to Biology success by focusing on 3 major components that all high achieving students possess: content mastery, question answering skills and mindset mastery.
Firstly, I run 2 classes per week for the price of one: x1 lecture and x1 tutorial class PER WEEK
The lecture session involves:
- A 80-90 minute session per week where we will run through a topic for that week
- I have carefully curated content booklets for each topic for the entirety of VCE 3/4 Biology and I call these the standard tutoring booklets
- The content in the standard tutoring booklets is covered in that lecture-session
- The booklets are designed with lots of white space, word gaps, boxes to write and images to draw in order to keep students as actively engaged in the sessions as possible
- Students have the opportunity to bombard me with questions using the zoom chat, or better more, verbally ask me during the sessions. This helps create an intimate learning interaction between myself as the tutor and the students.
The tutorial-like session will be run in small groups:
- These sessions will be 45 mins long
- The sessions will be solely dedicated to running through the questions from THAT WEEK'S tutoring booklet.
- This includes delving into the logic behind how to answer the questions as well as what you needed to identify to score full marks.
- Students will have an opportunity to have their responses reviewed by me and have tips provided on how to tweak their responses to score full marks in VCE 3/4 Biology questions
The principle and driving force of how the P.A tutoring Biology program runs is centred around my high-achieving success framework approach:
(1) CONTENT MASTERY:
✏️ Exhaustive course content
✏️ Weekly content booklets with an 'active recall' approach designed to help you remember ✏️ Access to 50/50 and top-scoring past student Poster SACs ✏️ 24/7 out of class student support
(2) QUESTION ANSWERING SKILLS: ✏️ A focus on learning the EXACT high-yield VCAA key words to use in the SACs/exams to perform highly
✏️ A focus on mastering the SKILL of how to answer short-answer questions to stand above the crowd ✏️ I will run through live model answers in dedicated tutorial classes – where I show how to approach, structure and answer every VCAA-style question
✏️ Live Q/A
✏️ Additional take-home question booklets
(3) MINDSET MASTERY:
Knowing the content and having a good answer structure is not enough, many students struggle with the pressures of VCE, constant study and the uncertainty of their exam performance. A strong mindset means that students can develop their own strategy throughout the year designed towards success. I will teach students:
✏️ Meditation strategies
✏️ The power of manifestation and self-affirmations
✏️ The importance of structure and guided study routine
✏️ How to study and approach education with a mature mindset
✏️ How the high-achievers think and approach their exams
Sign up and learn more to find out exactly how P.A Biology students consistently top the state
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Monash University (2020) - Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Melbourne High School (2017) - VCE Baccalaureate (School) (✘ Not On File)