Information about Lori - Oakleigh East tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Lori:
Hi there, my name is Lori and I am currently completing my final year studying Primary and Secondary Education, specializing in teaching English. I have a passion for education and thoroughly enjoy working alongside students to help them achieve their learning goals and gain more confidence.
I have had a variety of experiences when it comes to tutoring:
- previously worked as a teacher's aide before starting my degree
- have tutored for two and a half years with a number of students ranging from year 1 to year 11
My approach to tutoring chiefly focuses on getting to know the tutee in terms of interests, current ability, and areas for improvement. This assists me in retrieving resources to create a tailored learning program.
I also focus on building confidence in a variety of areas:
- within their own abilities
- to ask questions
- to not be afraid of making mistakes
I also try to both promote and exemplify time-management skills and a healthy, active lifestyle as these are key to academic success and good mental health.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Monash University (2021) - Primary and Secondary Inclusive Education (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)