Information about Greg - Emerald tutor - (26 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Greg:
Greg offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
A recognised Science of Learning Specialist, I have completed a PhD in the Science of Human Learning at the University of Melbourne, focusing on the neuroscience of learning and how it impacts on student achievement and wellbeing.
I provide specialist educational coaching in one of the following ways:
(a) at my home-office in Emerald;
(b) at your home if you live close to Emerald; and / or
(c) on-line via Edmodo, Zoom or Skype.
Introductory sessions are at no-charge and usually conducted online. That way, I can get an idea of your particular learning needs, explain how I would work, and you can decide whether it's right for you.
Many years experience in teaching, coaching and mentoring school students, especially those with learning or behavioural challenges. Sadly, I am seeing an increasing number of students for whom the traditional classroom just does not work - including those with ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, anxiety, depression, and self-confidence issues.
My focus is always on the student's *learning*, and their approach to it. In effect, students learn what works best in learning, which strategies work, and which do not, and this knowledge can be applied to any subject, skill or content.
As Einstein himself said, "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education!"
The evidence on learning is really clear:
1. Establish a relationship with the student, building mutual trust and respect.
2. Identify the current level of each student, and their personal drives and passions.
3. Create motivation to learn, and setting achievable, realistic goals.
4. Provide strategies for reaching those goals.
5. Give plenty of opportunities for practice, and make them fun.
6. Give generous dollops of constructive, positive and detailed feedback.
I do this because it works - and thousands of studies from around the confirm that it does.
This approach works equally well with students with particular learning difficulties, or who just don't fit in with traditional education, or even adults who are returning to studies (often tertiary) after a break.
The rates advertised are the standard charges that apply - subsidised prices are available for specific circumstances, please enquire directly. I can also assist with NDIS funding applications for students who have been diagnosed with specific conditions.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Melbourne (2020) - PhD (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- University of Melbourne (2012) - Master of Education (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Flinders University (2009) - Graduate Neuroscience (Learning) (College) (✔ On File)
- University of Melbourne (1987) - Bachelor of Science (College) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||26|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
A good tutor, my son studies English with him. He says that of all his tutors, Greg is the most interesting to study. And Greg always teaches classes for more than an hour (usually 1.5) for the same day … Thank you Svetlana!
Encouraged a growth mindset.
Made the learning process transparent.
Fostered purposeful practice.
working with you has really improved her confidence
Greg has been blessing to our family. I cannot speak highly enough of him as person and his gift at helping students who have difficulties academically.