Information about Greg - Emerald tutor - (11 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Greg:
A recognised expert in evidence-based Science of Learning. I am currently researching my Doctorate in education at the University of Melbourne, studying the neuroscience of learning and how it impacts on student learning and wellbeing.
I can provide educational coaching in one of the following ways:
(a) at my home-office in Emerald;
(b) at your home if you live close to Emerald;
(c) at the University of Melbourne campus in Parkville (where I work); and / or
(d) on-line via Edmodo, Zoom or Skype.
Many years experience in teaching, coaching and mentoring school students, especially those with learning or behavioural challenges. Sadly, I am seeing an increasing number of students for whom the traditional classroom just does not work - including those with ADHD, anxiety and self-confidence issues.
The evidence on learning is really clear:
1. Establish a relationship with the student, building mutual trust and respect.
2. Identify the current level of each student, and their personal drives and passions.
3. Create motivation to learn, and setting achievable, realistic goals.
4. Provide strategies for reaching those goals.
5. Give plenty of opportunities for practice, and make them fun.
6. Give generous dollops of constructive, positive and detailed feedback.
I do this because it works - and thousands of studies from around the world confirm it.
The rates advertised are the standard charges that apply - subsidised prices are available for specific circumstances, please enquire directly.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Melbourne (2013) - PhD Candidate (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Melbourne (2012) - Master of Education (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Flinders University (2009) - Graduate Neuroscience (Learning) (College) (✔ On File)
- University of Melbourne (1987) - Bachelor of Science (College) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||11|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|
working with you has really improved her confidence
Greg has been blessing to our family. I cannot speak highly enough of him as person and his gift at helping students who have difficulties academically.