Information About Rishabh - Dublin tutor
This is how 3 referees rated Rishabh:
I'm currently studying at University College Dublin and I'm about to finish my MA Mathematics degree. I am from India and I would like to believe that I'm fairly fluent in English. I have been fascinated by numbers as long as I can remember. I grew interested in subjects like Algebra and Statistics in middle school, which I continued to study at University.
I have taught mathematics for 6 years to financially challenged students between the ages of 12 and 16 at a non-profit organisation. Along with this, I helped students prepare for the mathematics sections of SATs and ACT as a private instructor for 2 years. I have gained insights on how to deal with different kinds of students.
Approach to Grinds:
1. Prepare for the topic before meeting the student.
2. Try to make the lessons interactive
3. Make sure the students know the reason for every step in a calculation or a proof.
4. Encourage asking questions no matter how silly they might seem or how many times it has already been explained.
5. Give them sufficient time to do their homework
6. Make intentional mistakes to see if the student can catch on to it.
7. Use analogies when a specific method of explanation doesn't work
8. Identify areas the particular student struggles with and try to work together with him/her to solve it.
9. Accept my mistake when I'm wrong and not get frustrated.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University College Dublin (2020) - MA Mathematics (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Delhi (2016) - BSc Mathematics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Modern School Vasant Vihar, India (2011) - Senior School Examination, Central Board of Secondary Education (School) (✔ On File)