Information About Benjamin - Dublin tutor - (14 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Benjamin:
|Adult / Casual||€40.00|
- Received a B.A. in Mathematics in 2016 from Trinity College Dublin achieving a first class honours in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year.
- Attained 600 points in the Leaving Certificate in 2012 with A1s in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics (which was self-taught), Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at Higher Level achieving the best results in my school.
- Received a Gold Medal in 2016 for achieving one of the top marks in my degree.
- Received the Lloyd Exhibition award in 2015 for placing in the top 3 of my class in third year.
- Received the Arthur Lyster award in 2013 for placing in the top 3 of my class in first year.
- 6 years of tutoring in Mathematics.
- Completed a year-long course in Mathematical Education during my 3rd year of college which required me to shadow a secondary school teacher for 2-3 hours every week and regularly hold my own classes.
- Teaching assistant at Trinity College Dublin for two years which required me to correct college assignments and provide feedback on each student's work.
- Part of Trinity College Dublin's 'Maths Help room' providing tutoring to those who are struggling with college level mathematics for one year.
- Gave free tutoring to students from disadvantaged backgrounds for 4 months as part of Trinity's Voluntary Tuition Programme
Approach to Grinds:
I first discuss the students strengths and weaknesses, posing them several questions to gauge what work must be done. I proceed to go through each question, regularly asking the student if they understand what is happening and showing them where they went wrong. I also provide them with guidelines that they can follow. Most importantly, I provide them with understanding of the Mathematics behind each procedure. All this is done in conjunction with exam papers to ensure students are best prepared for their exams.
I also provide students with online resources to supplement any material covered in a lesson where necessary.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Imperial College London (2018) - MSc. Statistics (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Trinity College Dublin (2016) - B.A. Mathematics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Avondale Community College (2012) - Leaving Certificate - 600 points (School) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||14|
|Students Providing Positive Feedback:|