Information About Andrew - Dublin tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Andrew:
|Adult / Casual||€35.00|
I hold a BA, MA and PhD in English and have over 4 years experience tutoring and teaching at university level as well as delivering high quality grinds to second level students.
I have over 4 years experience delivering creative and engaging specialised seminars and tutorials to university students, especially those who have just come from 6th year. I have extensive administrative experience, including marking essays and exams, organising conferences and updating student records.
I have delivered one-to-one and group tutorials to junior and leaving certificate students. I also have experience as a freelance editor on projects such as undergraduate and masters dissertations.
My passion is for English literature of all kinds, with a particular interest in poetry, drama, comprehension and critical theory. I have presented my research at both national and international conferences, including at University of Oxford, Queens University, and University of Dundee. I have recently been published in the Oxford Research in English Journal. I also have a keen interest in creative writing, and was awarded 'Best New Writing' by UCC Drama Society for a play I wrote in 2010.
I have lead tutorials for First Year English students, engaging with a wide array of texts from Old, Medieval and Renaissance literature, to Modern Drama, Poetry and Fiction. I have corrected take-home assignments, class tests, presentations, while also offering comprehensive and detailed feedback on submitted work and encouraging a productive contribution from all students.
I have designed and lead specialised seminars on poetry for second year students at UCC, and was responsible for setting coursework, assignments, class tests, and presentation schedules.
Approach to Grinds:
Overview of approach to grinds:
• Cater to specific needs of individual students by creating a unique study plan
• Teach exam technique and best practice in preparing for and undertaking exams
• Offer comprehensive and detailed feedback on questions arising in class or via email
• Initiate in-depth discussions around the subject, guiding the student in their understanding of texts
• Support with all aspects of revision, including proofreading, rearranging, supervising and advising
Each grind is one hour in duration, and is suitably paced to benefit the student.
The first class is used to get to know specific needs of student and to design subsequent grinds around those needs (I am happy to have parent/guardian sit in for part of this to understand structure of grinds). My focus is on covering as much ground as possible during each hour-long grind.
I provide a progress review sheet at the end of each grind to help monitor material covered and to enable student to focus on specific areas.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University College Cork (2018) - PhD (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- TEFL Cambridge (2013) - TEFL/ESL (Professional) (✔ On File)
- University College Cork (2010) - MA (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University College Cork (2009) - BA (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||4|
|Students Providing Positive Feedback:|
Greatly recommend Andrew´s job.
Thanks for all the support.