Information About Amelie - Dublin tutor - (11 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Amelie:
|Price Guide||Online Lessons|
|Adult / Casual||€30.00||€28.50|
I'm a Native French and I'm 25 years old. I hold a degree in International relations and Anthropology and a French Baccalaureate in Economical and Social Sciences. I've spent almost 3 years years in Vancouver, on the West Coast of Canada, and I've been living in Dublin for 5 years now. I'm passionate about writing (short stories, diary), music, the arts (I'm a former artist of the junior cirque du soleil, I paint and draw as well) languages (currently learning Mandarin). I'm very competitive, I've participated to several French contests in History, Literature and Writing, thus it could be useful to some of my young students to achieve their goals.
I've started teaching French in Canada so it's been almost seven years that I've been working with children and adults. Here are the different profiles that I've encountered :
* A 7 years old boy, who had an intermediate level but struggled with his speaking skills. He gained confidence by reading stories he was interested in, and discuss about the theme, the characters, and how he could relate to each stories. He was passionate about History as well, so it was very interesting to watch some documentaries and read some books, and test his cultural knowledge. We also worked on his writing skills, mostly by doing dictations and doing exercises in grammar.
* A 16 years old girl, who had an intermediate level and who needed help doing her French homework or prepare her future exams. I've brought some extra lessons and exercises that helped her. Recently I've been coaching her for her speaking exam, watching short videos, taking all the important information, and then relate to a general topic such as Globalization, Power, Myths and Heroes… * A 30 years old professional, who had an advanced level in French but needed help in Vocabulary and oral comprehension since he had to go to France several times in a year. We've been reading articles and watching short documentaries around the theme of medical science. We've used some of the time in order that he could express his opinion and his feelings on the different topics.
* A 25 years old professional, who wanted to start French as a third language. I taught her the basics in pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. She learned to introduce herself and understand short videos.
* A 22 years old university student who needed help in grammar and vocabulary for her future exams (mid terms, and finals). We also been working on translations (English to French and French to English)
Approach to Grinds:
I believe that the most important step involves building the student's confidence in order to reach his or her full potential in studying French. With strategic and well-planned lessons, any subject can become accessible to students of all abilities and levels. To conclude I aim to make the process of learning rewarding and effective.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese, English, Latin, Spanish
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver (2016) - BA in International Relations and Anthropology (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Lycée des Mascareignes, Mauritius (2012) - French Baccalaureate in Economical and Social Sciences (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||11|
|Students Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|