This is how 2 referees rated Yusuf:
Computer Studies / I.T.
• I have a first class BSc combined honours degree in Mathematics and Computer Science, and an MSc in Computer Science with Applications. I have over 20 years of experience in complex software development and management during which I utilised many mathematical algorithms. I believe my strong mathematical skills and experience will serve well in moulding the future generation of mathematicians and computer scientists. I believe that my experience will help ensure a high academic achievement for my students.
My first job after graduation was as a programmer advisor at Lanchester Polytechnic (now Coventry University). I enjoyed my time working there, assisting students and staff with their computer, and in particular, programming skills. Ever since, I have always wanted to return to teaching someday. During my career, I have also taught adults a new software programming language, Ada, and enjoyed this very much. I home schooled our four children with the help of their mother. It was my responsibility to teach mathematics, ICT and Religious Studies. It has been a very rewarding experience seeing all my children progressing to higher education with excellent grades. For the past two years, I have been tutoring mathematics at JusTLearn Tution centre in Mitcham.
• I believe that the most significant challenge I face as a teacher is behaviour management. However, I understand how to motivate students. Their enthusiasm and motivation is the key to a better future generation.
• I am a tutor because I believe I learn a lot from explaining concepts to students in a manner that they can understand, and also learn from their questioning. At the same time my aim is to ensure students find learning mathematics and computer science fun and enjoyable. I enjoy solving mathematical puzzles.
• I believe that every student has the potential for success, and I want to be part of the challenge in making certain every student is successful. I do understand that this may not be 100% possible, but it is my goal to strive for this perfection, and help each student to understand necessary concepts in whatever I can.
• I find working with children very rewarding. I also want to inspire, and to teach with enthusiasm, because I believe that I can make a difference to the future through teaching children.
• I feel that teaching is perhaps one of the most fulfilling roles in life. To be a teacher to me means helping to shape another person by teaching and instructing them.
• I strongly believe that engaging students in real-life lessons and hands on activities gives you an opportunity as an educator to make problem-solvers, creators, doers, thinkers, leaders, etc. This will promote life-long learning, and learning for future.
• I believe that, to be a teacher, you need to be committed and dedicated. I plan to constantly think of ways on how to improve my methods, and how to help my students. I have the motivation, and the potential to become an inspirational tutor. In this way, I hope to influence the futures of our next generation in a positive way.
I am confident that my experience equips me well for the post of teaching. I have a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
For the past four years, I have been tutoring mathematics at JusTLearn Tuition centre in Mitcham. I have been teaching the following to small groups of students as well as on one to one basis:
• Mathematics to Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 (GCSE) and ‘A’ level students (Modules C1, C2, C3, C4, D1, M1, S1).
• Computing to ‘A’ level students
• First-year university level Mathematics to students studying other than mathematics (Physics, etc)
• Functional Skills Mathematics and ICT to SEN and ESOL students.
I am a dedicated friendly, patient and reliable tutor, with several years teaching experience and thus the knowledge and skills to help you improve academically. Having raised and home schooled my four children I recognise the attention and dedication that is required for academic success. Additionally, I understand that students learn at their own pace so I adapt my approach depending on my students' learning style as I feel this is the key to successful teaching. I take time to explain things clearly, coherently and effectively, and encourage my tutees to raise questions without any hesitation.
|Date Last Logged In:||08/02/2017|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||1 Av. 4.00/5.00|
Tags: Mitcham Maths tutor, Mitcham Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Mitcham GCSE Maths tutor, Mitcham A-Level Maths tutor, Mitcham University Maths tutor, Mitcham Casual Learner Maths tutor, Mitcham GCSE Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Mitcham A-Level Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Mitcham University Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Mitcham Casual Learner Computer Studies / I.T. tutor