Information About Xin - Bloomsbury tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Xin:
I am currently working as a Transport Planner in an engineering consultancy since I graduated last year. I noticed that my team has found difficulty in recruiting each year, although the company has been one of the tops in the industry. One of the reasons being the lack of engineering/maths/science graduates.
Maths is not always a popular module and many of my friends hated it. However they did say that low/no Maths score in A-Level greatly limited their choices in majors/universities. They could have make it through into engineering, science… and transport! Therefore, I am committed to help the students build up their confidence and capability in Maths - and hopefully to maintain the recruiting sustainability in this country!
About my academic background, I have completed two degrees:
- MSc Transport, University College London and Imperial College
- BSc Maths with Economics, University College London
- A-Levels: Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (b)
I have no prior experience in tutoring, but I would love to pass on my passion in maths and bring more practicality into my teaching!
As for Mandarin, I have participated in the Language Share programme in my company with learners at Beginner/Lower Intermediate Levels.
As I hope to articulate my approach to suit individual's need, I will need syllabus first to prepare. I would also want to know my student's current performance and the objectives.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University College London, Imperial College (Joint) (2013) - MSc Transport (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University College London (2009) - BSc Mathematics with Economics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)