Information About Vivien - Cardiff tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Vivien:
Vivien offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I am a passionate, approachable and qualified Mathematics teacher who graduated from the University of Dundee (Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Accountancy).
My PGCE (Secondary Mathematics) was obtained at the University of York. I am from Belgium and I have taught full-time in the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
Parents often tell me that the best attribute of my teaching is aiding their children to gain confidence in maths by helping them understand concepts that they had struggled with. I find teaching very rewarding and I firmly believe my diverse cultural exposure and educational background with learning and teaching is a positive addition. It definitely contributes to a wider spectrum of learning strategies.
I speak 3 languages fluently (English, Dutch, and Cantonese) and am happy to teach using any of those!
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with 2 Teaching placements in North Yorkshire.
- 2 years as a Math tutor at a learning center in Hong Kong, where learning plans were tailor-made to meet individual students' needs.
- 1-year experience as a classroom teacher at a leading provider of academic enrichment and tutorial programmes based in Singapore.
- 8 years' experience as a private tutor.
I like to teach Mathematics using methods that make this subject enjoyable and relatable. Mathematics is often portrayed as a dull, difficult and challenging subject. I focus on concepts rather than memorising math facts. Once a concept is mastered, it will then take practice to excel.
My approach would be structured as follows:
- Questions will be provided in the desirable topic to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Questions will be explained step by step. I like to tell my students about common pitfalls and advise on the strategies to tackle certain questions.
- Feedback is an essential part of the lesson as it leads to resilience and subsequently confidence.
- Students can request for extra practice/homework. Practice makes perfect!
- A brief summary of the lesson will be available for students and parents after the lesson (email).
Additional Languages: Cantonese, English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of York (2016) - Postgraduate Certificate of Education (Mathematics in Secondary Education) (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Dundee (2013) - Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and Accountancy (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- ODLQC (2013) - Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Sint-Cordula-instituut (2009) - Diploma van Secundair Onderwijs (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|