Information About Victoria - Sutton-in-Ashfield tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Victoria:
I have a diverse background in education starting off with specialising in Special Educational and Behavioural Needs. I am a fully qualified Secondary Foreign Modern Languages teacher, as well as a a Primary teacher and ESOL and EAL teacher.
I have experience of working from reception age up to Y13 and working with college students and adults.
Learning and teaching foreign language and culture is one of my passions and this is the area of my degree
obtained at the University of Leicester during which I lived in both Spain and Italy where I have also taught English as a Foreign Language.
My tutoring has graced me with the opportunity to work with lots of exciting people from fascinating cultural backgrounds: Lithuania, Spain, Italy, Pakistan, Greece, China, Poland, Korea, India and Africa.
Courses on offer -
Italian: 6 week beginners/intermediate courses
Training/preparation for GCSE and A-level
Spanish/English: 6 weeks 6 week beginners/intermediate/advanced courses
Training/preparation for GCSE, A-level and Trinity College exams
- I have over 5 years experience in private tuition, teaching English to people of all ages and levels in Spain and Italy, as well as teaching English, Spanish and Italian in England.
- For the last 3 years I have taught as part of a Trinity College Summer school for Spanish children in Chesterfield, helping them to prepare for speaking exams.
- As part of my degree I completed a TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages) course.
- I am a fully trained teacher with a PGDE in Secondary School Spanish and have experience working with SEND, EAL and Primary School students. I have worked in both Primary and Secondary schools across Derbyshire and Yorkshire.
There are 5 crucial components of learning a language, the same way we learned our mother tongue: speaking, writing, reading, listening and grammar. I pay equal attention to all of these, as a language cannot be learned properly if one of these areas is neglected.
All lessons are thoroughly planned and are intended to be engaging, interactive and practical.
Starter pack includes -
an overview of the course
general information on learning a language
a vocabulary and conjugation booklet
The cost of a lesson includes-
my preparation work for the lesson
the delivery of the lesson
marking outside of the lesson
The first lesson is free and will give us the opportunity to establish goals and expectations.
Lessons are paid for by cash and in advance (if after the initial lesson you wish to continue, the first payment will be made for the following lesson).
Additional Languages: Catalan, Italian, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The University of Sheffield (2016) - MERIT (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- The Univeristy of Leicester (2013) - 2:1 (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
PS The coffee needs to be a little stronger :-)