This is how 2 referees rated Victoria:
- fully qualified Foreign Modern Languages teacher
- degree in foreign language and culture - University of Leicester.
- have lived in both Spain and Italy where I have also taught English as foreign language.
- I have experience in working with people from different cultural backgrounds: Lithuania, Spain, Italy, Greece, China, Poland, Korea, India and Africa.
- I have worked as a teaching assistant in schools and colleges across Derbyshire working with students with special needs from age 7 and above, including students who have been excluded from school and are working towards being re-integrated back into mainstream education.
- I have over 5 years experience in private tuition, teaching English to people of all ages and levels in Spain and Italy, as well as teaching English, Spanish and Italian in England.
- For the last 3 years I have taught as part of a Trinity College Summer school for Spanish children in Chesterfield, helping them to prepare for speaking exams.
- As part of my degree I completed a TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages) course.
- I am a fully trained teacher with a PGDE in Secondary School Spanish and have experience working with SEND, EAL and primary school students. I work in both PRIMARY and SECONDARY schools across Derbyshire and Yorkshire.
A polite note:
As you may imagine, being a full-time teacher and working extra hours in the evenings as a private tutor, I have a heavy workload and would therefore like to point out that as a matter of courtesy it is expected that students arrive to lessons on time and give at least 24 hours notice of a lesson cancellation where possible. As I am sure you can appreciate, I spend a considerable amount of time planning and preparing lessons outside of paid time, therefore lessons cancelled in short notice will still be charged.
Please also note that in order to be able to plan and prepare lessons, I need to know at least 24 hours in advance when you would like to book a lesson - requesting a lesson on the day you expect one proves very difficult to deliver.
Thank you for your understanding.
Approach to tutoring:
I am very flexible in my approach to tutoring. I am open to any suggestions or preferred ways of learning that my students wish to put forward and I am focused on planning the lessons to meet each of my student's needs and preferences.
I take a very practical and interactive approach to teaching languages, using various resources such as videos and other listening materials, PowerPoints and appropriate written materials and activities. I will pay equal attention to writing, reading, speaking and listening as these are all important components in learning a language.
My hope is for students to be open-minded towards their learning as well as being dedicated. Learning a foreign language takes an immense amount of patience, enthusiasm and persistent hard work and perseverance.
|Date Last Logged In:||18/10/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||6 Av. 4.83/5.00|
Tags: Chesterfield English tutor, Chesterfield Italian tutor, Chesterfield Spanish tutor, Chesterfield Primary English tutor, Chesterfield Secondary English tutor, Chesterfield GCSE English tutor, Chesterfield A-Level English tutor, Chesterfield Casual Learner English tutor, Chesterfield Primary Italian tutor, Chesterfield Secondary Italian tutor, Chesterfield GCSE Italian tutor, Chesterfield A-Level Italian tutor, Chesterfield Casual Learner Italian tutor, Chesterfield Primary Spanish tutor, Chesterfield Secondary Spanish tutor, Chesterfield GCSE Spanish tutor, Chesterfield A-Level Spanish tutor, Chesterfield Casual Learner Spanish tutor