Information About Toby - Oxford tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Toby:
Toby offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
A completely unique learning environment where students can learn to love and understand maths, whilst developing social & emotional skills as well as mindfulness in small groups. The free first session is done on the telephone with you and your child (you both need to be around as I will talk about your child, learning, and maths with both of you).
I have a first class maths degree and PGCE from Leeds University. I taught maths in secondary schools for 10 years, and have been tutoring for many years also. I am also a well qualified Iyengar Yoga teacher (intermediate Junior Level 3), bringing a great patience and kindness to my work.
5 Reasons to Learn With Ethical Maths Tuition in Oxford
1) Our focus on love and understanding of the subject makes it fun and engaging. You’ll be shown how topics fit together, we won’t just jump from one topic to the next; we’ll map out the journey from A-B and show you how what you learn relates to real life.
2) In our Maths lessons, you’re empowered to lead your own study schedule, teach each other, and collaborate as a group to make decisions that affect your learning.
3) Ethical Maths Tuition Oxford is passionate about making a positive contribution to the world. We therefore incorporate mindfulness, emotional awareness, and ethical values – such as kindness, equality, gratitude and responsibility – in our sessions to help you become an inspiring, thoughtful and empathetic leader. We also donate 10% of our income to charities chosen by our students.
4) I have a First class Maths degree, a PGCE with 10 years school teaching experience, and a current enhanced DBS disclosure.
5) We have a flexible pricing structure, which allows access to learning for young people from all backgrounds.
Our Ethical Maths Tutor, Toby, LOVES Maths and he’s on a mission to help you love and understand it too.
So if you already love Maths and want to explore it further, or are struggling with Maths and need some support to get to grips with it all, Ethical Maths Tuition Oxford can help!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- General Teaching Councel (2005) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Leeds University (2004) - Mathematics (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Leeds University (2004) - Mathematics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)