Information About Timothy - Peckham tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Timothy:
Timothy offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
- I am studying for a masters in clinical neuroscience at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience and would love to share my enthusiasm for the sciences and maths to the next generation of students.
- Prior to this I graduated from KCL with a first class honours degree in biomedical science specialising in neuroscience and neuropharamacology.
- I am currently making my application to highly competitive graduate medicine programs in London.
- I am a meticulously thorough, compassionate and patient individual who takes a genuine pride in all that I do. Furthermore, I strive to improve tutee's holistic academic abilities beyond the specific subject of tuition.
- Prior to tertiary education, I attended Hampton school from which I graduated with the A-levels maths, chemistry and biology (AAA) and the AS levels physics, geography and computing (AAA).
- Outside of education, I am a 22 year old with keen interests in fitness/nutrition, travelling, photography and reading.
- My primary academic interest lies within the realms of biology but my university degrees have left me well versed in Maths, Chemistry, and Biochemistry as well.
- An active member of multiple online UK tutoring websites for over a year.
- I have spent time with children ranging from secondary education to A-level accross a broad range of subjects.
- This diversity of students and subjects has left me very capable of tailoring tuition to the exact level a child needs; Whether that is catching up some specific topic aeas or progressing beyond the scope of the syllabus.
- Throughout my time at school and university I have always enjoyed mentoring, supporting and teaching both those in younger years and my peers who are struggling to grasp a concept.
- I also spent 6 months volunteering with children who had severe downs syndrome aimed at engaging them in activities to develop their social, cognitive and verbal skills. This was an invaluable experience that saw my patience and empathy grow immeasurably.
1 - Flexible: Not everyone has the same ability, needs or approach to learning and so I feel it is imperative that tutoring is tailored specifically to what each child wants and needs.
2 - Thorough: I feel that often problems within subjects can run deep to the fundamental principals on which it is based. It is important that each child has a good understanding of these as they provide them with the ability to apply them and learn independently.
3 - Patient: Feeling like you are struggling and not doing as well as you might want is an extremely demoralising and difficult thing for a child to cope with. As someone who has experienced it myself I feel I am able to help guide them back on track through my ability to empathise, develop a relationship and slowly help rebuild confidence and motivation.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- King's college London (2018) - First class honours (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Hampton school (2014) - A level Maths/Biology/Chemistry (AAA) (School) (✔ On File)
- St Catherine's college Caimbridge (2013) - Cambridge chemistry challenge (Silver award) (Other) (✔ On File)
- International school of Cape Town (2011) - I-GCSE - All A*/A (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|