After over 30 years of teaching, I am now retired and am looking to help both youngsters and adults to attain their potential in Mathematics and/or Physics. I am a published author (astronomy).
I qualified as a teacher in 1980. I initially taught Physics to A level and became Head of Physics in a 6th Form College. For the last 25 years of my teaching career, I taught Physics and Mathematics to GCSE level and have been Head of Mathematics for most of that time.
I have also helped adult learners to achieve Functional Skills and Key Skills in Mathematics. I have been giving private tuition in these subjects off and on since the mid-1980s and consistently since 2009. I now run independent Astronomy courses.
* Commitment to helping the pupil attain his/her goals and potential.
* A patient, friendly-but-firm approach, geared towards helping the pupil to increase both confidence and understanding.
* A proven track-record with pupils of all abilities.
* To reduce the anxiety that weaker pupils often have in these subjects.
* To give concrete, real-life examples of mathematical processes.
* Exam-focused tuition where appropriate.
* To give detailed advice on exam technique when appropriate.
|Availability||Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Learning and Skills Improvement Service||2010||Professional||Supporting Dyslexic Learners in Different Contexts|
|Learning and Skills Improvement Service||2010||Professional||Helping Learners Progress with their Maths|
|Rolle College, University of Plymouth||1980||PGCE||PGCE|
|King's College, University of London||1978||Bachelors||BSc (Hons)|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|