Information About Stephen - Hove tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Stephen:
Stephen offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am a qualified specialist Secondary Maths teacher who combines 20+ years experience in business with a passion for teaching.
Dedicated and enthusiastic, I ensure that my teaching is at the right level for each student.
Excellent at building good relationships with students (and parents), and determined to ensure each of my students achieves their full potential in Maths!
* Longhill (state secondary school in Rottingdean) - Years 8 and 9, assisting with Year 11
* Sir Robert Woodard (academy secondary school in Lancing) - Years 8 and 10, assisting with Year 11
* Sir Robert Woodard (academy secondary school in Lancing) - Years 7, 9 and 10 plus form tutor.
* Dorothy Stringer
My aim is always to make the study of maths interesting, relevant and enjoyable, encouraging students to "have a go" and learn from their mistakes. I am a firm believer in the need to grasp the basics, and make no apology for ensuring students become fluent in the key skills before moving on to more advanced subject areas.
I have worked in local schools teaching the very able, as well as those for whom maths does not come easily. Tutoring is based on an assessment of current strengths and weaknesses, linking closely with the work students are undertaking at school. Personal study tasks are set for completion outside of tutoring, and reviewed during the following tutoring session.
If you are planning to re-sit your maths following disappointing results, I will work with you to put in place a plan to ensure you achieve the best grade possible.
Based in Patcham, although I am willing to travel locally.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Sussex (2017) - Secondary Maths (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Heriot Watt University - Edinburgh (1984) - Knowledge Based Systems (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Kent (1980) - Accounting with Computing (Bachelors) (✔ On File)