Information About Stephen - Derby tutor - (9 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Stephen:
Stephen offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am a fully qualified teacher and have been teaching at secondary school level since 2004. I am qualified for, and enjoy teaching, up to "A" level maths, mechanics, statistics, decision, further maths, and physcis. I am also an examiner in mathematics for OCR. Tutoring occurs face-to-face in the evenings and weekends. I am well versed in & regularly teach the "A" level maths syllabus for the 4 major "A" level exam boards. I enjoy maths and always feel satisfied when a student grasps an idea or learns a new technique.
Teaching since 2004, tutoring in Mathematics (A Level, GCSE & KS3) since 2006 and tutoring in Physics (A Level, GCSE & KS3) since 2012
I mainly aid in preparing pupils for success in exams and I have also been a tutor for home-schooled pupils.
When I meet a new student I devise an overall strategy, depending upon the student's needs, usually including the following:
* Fill in any gaps in your son / daughter's maths or physics knowledge
* Provide specific tutorials on topics they are struggling with
* Make school lessons easier to understand and more productive by studying in parallel with their current classwork
* Give advice and tips on examination techniques
* Help with revision
* Do plenty of past paper practice
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The University of Nottingham (2004) - PGCE (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Loughborough University of Technology (1993) - BEng(hons) Electronic & Electrical Engineering (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||9|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Stephen works in a friendly collaborative manner. He is excellent at observing and suggesting improvements in methods of working.
He has an excellent depth of knowledge.
We are certain our son has gained 2 grade uplifts directly due to Stephens tutoring.
We would not hesitate to recommend him.