This is how 3 referees rated Stephen:
Stephen offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am an early retired primary school maths consultant looking to do part time tutoring work in SE London.
My hobbies and interests include, travel, boating, gardening and local history.
I have taught for many years in primary schools, not only as a maths specialist, but in all primary subjects. I have held several senior posts, including being responsible for a large infant department. I became a Numeracy Consultant in 1999, working for local authorities, training teachers in maths, Special Needs, Gifted and Talented, Assessment and the use of IT across the curriculum. As an Ofsted inspector I worked with headteachers and senior management in preparing schools for Ofsted inspections. I have also worked as an independent Educational Consultant and part time university lecturer. I have a BA(HONS) in Education from University of Greenwich.
My approach to tutoring students is as follows,
● To find out what their strengths and weakness in maths are, and how they are being taught in school
● To develop a programme of activities and study to address their specific needs. This will often include how to memorise and use times tables and solve word problems.
● To understand mathematical concepts and processes rather than just being told ‘what to do’
● To ensure they work towards the expected national standards required, including test practice if appropriate
● For students to develop an interest in maths as well as being able to use and apply it in everyday life
Tags: Welling Maths tutor, Welling Primary Maths tutor, Welling Secondary Maths tutor, Welling Casual Learner Maths tutor