I am a qualified accountant and a degree holder in Economics. I have gained practical experience and applied my academic knowledge by working in the finance industry for the past 16 years. In my diverse overseas assignments, I have gained considerable international exposure in different work environments and cultures, which have further enriched my aptitudes, making me a more seasoned finance professional. During that time I have also been helping my students by sharing my knowledge and experience with them.
I have been offering private tuitions for the past 10 years in Maths, French, Economics, Accountancy, Management, Finance and Banking. I am passionate about sharing my knowledge with my tutee's, which they appreciate a lot. My tutoring approach detailed below has been very helpful and appreciated by my students.
Every new batch of tuition starts with getting to know more about the students. It is at the same time important to give the students enough space to familiarise themselves with me. A discussion will then follow to scope down what will be covered in the syllabus. A work plan is also devised with the aim to complete the syllabus well before the examinations, so as to have adequate time for revision. The following steps outline the process of each tuition session:
1. Initiate the subject or topic based on discussion of a real life example / scenario
2. Introduce the theoretical part of the subject or topic
3. Explain how the theory links to the real life example / scenario
4. Work out and explain some examples
5. Immediate evaluation of student's understanding through questions and answers
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until satisfactory response of the student (steps 1, 2 and 3 may also be repeated if required)
7. Give homework and a brief discussion on what will be covered in the next tuition session
Note: Each tuition session starts with the correction of the previous session's homework and explanation of any problem areas, including a summing up of what was covered in the previous tuition session.
|Languages||English (British), French|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Mauritius, Mauritius||2001||Bachelors||BSC Hons Economics|
|ICMA centre, University of Reading, UK||2002||Masters||MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|