I am a Chartered member of the British Psychological Society. I am a first author on over 10 peer reviewed publications and a co-author on a book chapter.
Please find a brief career summary below:
• University lecturer with 10 years of experience teaching in England, Scotland and India, up to 60 students per class, from Level 4 until Masters.
• Recognised for ability to teach a culturally diverse student population, while developing individualised plans for students at different learning levels.
• Possess a strong track record in improving student performance through innovative, interactive lesson plans.
• An organised, diligent professional with proven teaching, mentoring and counselling skills.
• Excellent team player and highly competent at conflict resolution professionally.
• Proven ability to communicate complex information in a simple and engaging manner.
Current post: Adjunct Research Assistant Professor, Jindal Global Law School
August 2017-November 2018: Tutor and Module Author, Arden University
• In close liaison with program leaders and module development team, develop high-quality, innovative and interactive learning materials (from scratch or develop existing courses), across a range of media and software packages, such as, Power point, Prezi, Podcast etc.
• In-classroom (blended learning) and distance mode teaching and assessment for a range of Psychology subjects, from Levels 4-7.
October 2014-July 2017: Asst Professor, Jindal Global Law School
• Course coordinator and instructor for 3 courses: Introduction to Psychology (Level 4), Organisational Behaviour and Development (Level 6) and LEAD (Leadership Exploration and Development: Level 4).
• As the faculty advisor for a student led centre for Leadership and Change, facilitated and mentored organization of an international Leadership Summit on campus and numerous other inter and intra universities leadership competitions.
• As the head of Psychology lab, planned and supervised psychometric assessments for staff and students, such as 16 PF, WISC-IV, brain mapping and other electro-magnetic tests.
• In keeping with my continued commitment to research and statistics, successfully secured funding for a new research project on development of a standardized scale to assess Social Entrepreneur Quotient was initiated in collaboration with colleagues. Data for this research is being collected through a UK based, Future Learn program.
May 2007-May 2009: Tutor, University of Strathclyde
• Teaching and marking of Developmental Psychology and Cognitive Psychology
• Lead experiments on iconic memory, brain functioning and EEG, instructional classes on how to database search for finding references
Mar-Sep 2006: Lecturer, University of Delhi
• Teaching and marking of Developmental psychology and Social Psychology.
• Supervision of individual students for research projects.
I have been recognised for my ability to teach a culturally diverse student population, while developing individualised plans for students at different learning levels. I also possess a strong track record in improving student performance through innovative, interactive lesson plans.
I am an organised, diligent professional with proven teaching, mentoring and counselling skills.
I am also adept in a range of assessment techniques and is proficient in the set-up of exams and the assessment of student work. I am trained in mentoring, advising and supporting students on a personal level.
Experienced in developing innovative, interactive course materials.
Expert in actively leading class discussions and encouraging debate.
Proficient in the set-up of exams and the assessment of student work.
Trained in mentoring, advising and supporting students on a personal level.
Well-equipped with knowledge and skills of exam invigilation duties
Trained in intervention methods for defusing challenging behaviour in class, keeping student stress at minimal levels.
Popular for the ability to inspire, comfort and build self-esteem of students
Accomplished at carrying out departmental administrative tasks.
Outstanding IT skills in preparing high-tech, engaging teaching material
|References Available||On File|
|University of Strathclyde||2011||Doctorate||Psychology (cognitive psychology and special needs)|