My name is Seun, I am 27 and work full time as an Engineering Consultant. I have always had a passion for teaching and trying to explain complex concepts in a simple way. Regarding my educational background, I completed A Levels and have a Masters degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I had A's in Mathematics and Physics and B's in Further Mathematics and Chemistry. For my undergraduate degree I finished with a 2:1 from Imperial College London.
Teacher October 2012 – January 2013
Leaders are Readers
• Initial setup and acquisition of relevant resources for the centre.
• Responsible for teaching English and Mathematics to a class of 5 students. This involved setting relevant homework and reading material for students including an assessment test at the end of the term.
• Writing end of term progress reports for students in my class, highlighting how they had each progressed and areas in which they needed to improve.
• Monthly meetings with parents and guardians to report and discuss progress of wards. Feedback from the parents was very positive, especially with regards to my teaching methods and how much their kids had academically progressed under my tuition.
Tutor/Mentor October 2011 – April 2012
• Volunteered as a mentor and tutor to GCSE students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
• Taught mathematics at GCSE and AS Level. Responsible for setting relevant homework and additional study materials for the student.
• Worked successfully with students from disadvantaged backgrounds in pursuit of further education. Resulted in improving my tutees understanding of mathematics and their desire to apply to university.
My style is very friendly and patient as I believe making the student comfortable means they will be more honest in telling you where they are struggling. Also I believe in breaking down problems into steps as this is the best way to tackle tough problems, the more steps you can break a problem down into the easier it is to understand and solve.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|Imperial College London||2012||Masters||Electrical and Electronic Engineering|