Information About Srdan - Barnet tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Srdan:
Srdan offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am an enthusiastic, positive and approachable tutor based in north London. If you are looking for someone to explain chemical and biological concepts, in a friendly and encouraging environment, then I am confident that I can help!
My first experience as a tutee is the reason I now want to return the favour, and become a tutor. I hated chemistry and was not very good at it at all. I was then very lucky and came across a very charismatic and driven tutor that turned my hate of chemistry, into a passion. Thanks to the tutor's passion for teaching and enthusiastic approach, I then went on to complete an Bachelors degree in chemistry and now I am doing a Doctorate degree in computational chemistry.
I believe that the two most simple and rewarding virtues in life are to teach, and to learn. This motivates me, and I want to be able to help students achieve their goals, just like my tutor did for me.
1. Arena One post-graduate teaching qualification, which means that I am able to teach and demonstrate to students at universities.
2. I have been continually teaching and demonstrating chemistry and biology throughout my studies, where I have been required to explain tricky concepts and maths-based problems.
3. I have a very strong background in chemistry - I am currently doing a PhD in chemistry where an understanding over fundamental concepts that are taught in A-Levels GCSEs are essential.
3. I have first hand experience of what it is like to do A-Levels and GCSEs, and the struggles that come with that. I am confident that I can help students overcome the challenges I have also faced, and I look forward to building a positive teaching relationship!
1. To learn, a positive and relaxed atmosphere is essential; I want to be able to engage with my students and I welcome interesting and thoughtful discussion.
2. Many people find chemical/biological concepts difficult to grasp and subsequently lose confidence or motivation; I bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to the session.
3. Exams - you just can't avoid them; I work to a structured schedule so that all topics are covered, and students feel full of confidence when exams come around.
Additional Languages: Serbian/Croatian
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University College London (2018) - Chemistry (Doctorate) (in progress)
- University College London (2014) - Drug Discovery & Development (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Whittier College (US) (2013) - Chemistry/Biochemistry (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)