I'm a part-qualified actuary with a First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Actuarial Science. I currently work for one of the world's top 4 professional services firms. My team provides advice to companies on different aspects of the management of their pensions risks and costs.
Currently, given my schedule I'm able to tutor only a maximum of couple of hours during week days, but available on weekends. I tutor maths or/additional mathematics for the GCSE's or A level exams.
I can also provide intensive crash courses if required.
I've always had a love for sharing knowledge and this has led me to tutoring ever since early university days. I have tutored not only fellow students while at university but also family members and colleagues at work for professional exams. I've generally tutored maths, additional maths, accounting and other numerical subjects.
I believe in a flexible approach to tutoring because the needs of students vary. However, key aspects of my approach are:
- Ensuring that the tutoring is engaging and interactive as many times its the delivery of the subject and not the subject itself that puts students off. I love maths and usually those I tutor end up appreciating the subject more if not developing a new love for the subject themselves.
- Reviewing the fundamental concepts and enabling the student appreciate what the objective of the subject area is, for instance - trigonometry aims at solving problems with triangles its not just funny sounding functions and formulas you need to memorise
- Assessing problem areas and gaps in fundamental knowledge that hinder progress and addresssing these
I'm willing to also alter approach depending on the circumstance of the student whether its:
- Regular tutorials to assist learning over a longer period of time supporting work in school, or
- Block revision tutorials just before exams to ensure that revision is done efficiently and effectively particularly within 6 - 8 weeks of the exams This is usually over 2 - 4 days, or
- One-off problem area tutorials which hone in on areas students struggle with and generally take 1 - 2 days.
Tags: Sutton Coldfield Maths tutor, Sutton Coldfield Secondary Maths tutor, Sutton Coldfield GCSE Maths tutor, Sutton Coldfield A-Level Maths tutor