Information About Rustam - Ladbroke Grove tutor
Math was the subject that I excelled at, to the point where I started teaching my class mates at college and even organising small classes with them. After college I went on to study Mathematics at Queen Marry, UoL, which I graduated In 2011.
Since my graduation I had couple of jobs, tutoring was a part time only at the time, and none of them were as fun or satisfying as teaching was. So I started to tutor full time. Now I teach student several students on a one-to-one basis and also teach a classes at Finsbury park.
My teaching experience started with my twin brother, who I had tutor everyday for 3 week in preparation for our GCSE exams, he got B instead of the predicted D. Through out college and University I have tutored, helped and had classes with my friends and class mates.
I was part of the mentoring/teaching scheme at my University called PASS.
Started tutoring part-time professionally from 2009, and full time from 2012. In that time I have taught students from different backgrounds, from different age groups (as young as 10 year olds and as oldest as 32 years old), students with disabilities, and students with a bad English language, taught on 1-to-1 basis and groups.
One teaching method will work for everyone student, this is why some students struggle at schools, and because of this the teaching approach is dependent on the student. So it is hard to describe the tutoring approach with out a specific student, however there are some basic methods such as:
1. make sure the foundations are there (prerequisite to the module, i.e. franctions, probabilities, etc)
2. homework is given at the end of each lesson. Homework is always marked and returned with feedback.
3. 10 min recap at the beginning of each lesson from the previous lesson
4. a small test every 5-6 lessons
Additional Languages: Russian
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Queen Mary, UoL (2011) - 1st BSc Mathematics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- College of North West London (2008) - A in Math (College) (✘ Not On File)