Information About Rosa Maria - Wolverhampton tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Rosa Maria:
English (Foreign Language)
A versatile language teacher, with experience in every educational sector. Affable and dynamic, with good communication skills. Now considering a position in the Spanish Language teaching market within UK universities as a language instructor or language programme coordinator. Experienced in Spanish language teaching in United Kingdom universities.
September 2004 until present
Language Instructor at Hispanic Studies Department:
▪ Course convenor, marking and setting exams, invigilating exams, class and teaching material preparation
▪ Lecturing in a wide range of different levels:
Spanish for ab initio students
Spanish with Commerce, fourth year students
Translation and Grammar, second year students
▪ Coordinator of the Oral lessons in every language level: first, second and fourth year Spanish language oral groups.
September 2009 until present
Part-time Language Tutor at the Brass House Adult Education Centre at Birmingham. Responsible for the DELE exams (Instituto Cervantes Official/International language exams). Responsible for culture content courses related to Hispanic Culture and Society.
September 2005- June 2008
Part-time Language Tutor (Spanish). Centre of Modern Languages, University of Birmingham, UK:
Teaching a wide range of different levels in evening classes oriented for adult, young professionals and university students wanting to learn a language.
Language teacher in a Spanish Course for Language teachers. Intermediate Level. King Norton's Girls Language School, King's Norton, Birmingham, UK.
Teacher of a Vocational Oriented Course in English for the Customer's Service
Fundación Universidad y Empresa/ Universidad de Cádiz, Cádiz, Spain.
▪ 200 hour intensive course for unemployed people, sponsored by the regional government in Andalucía (Southern Spain) and funded with money from the EU.
September 2001-August 2004
Part-time Lecturer at the sub department of English for Specific Purposes, part of the Modern Languages Department at the University of Cádiz, Cádiz, Spain.
▪ Teaching a wide range of courses:
English for Medicine Students
English for Naval Engineering Students
English for Labour Relations Studies
▪ Course planning and teaching, translation skills devised and taught.
▪ Exam setting and marking
September 1998-August 2001
Part Time Lecturer at the Modern Languages Department at the University of Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain.
▪ Course convenor and lecturer on the following topics:
Fuctional Grammar (3rd year module)
English Literature Twentieth century (1st year module)
Introduction to Literary Studies (1st year module)
▪ exam setting and marking
▪ other departmental duties: individual tutoring, departmental meetings.
September 1997-June 2002
Full Time English Language Teacher in an University Preparatory School for Nurses "Salus Infirmorum", Cádiz, Spain.
▪ Teacher or two different course levels in a Vocationally Oriented Secondary School for Nurses and Laboratory Technicians
▪ Coordinating the language department, group tutor in some of the years, teaching, marking, extracurricular activities (Editor and Publisher of the College's Magazine)
Trainee Teacher. Rafael Alberti Secondary School, Cádiz, Spain
▪ Teaching four different courses in Spanish and English Language and Literature, ages groups ranging from 14 to 18
▪ Compulsory training period during the "Spanish" PGCE.
social personal development.
De-emphasise rigorous, performance-oriented, test-dominated approaches. Provide opportunity for success.
Respects student’s feelings and aspirations. Right to self-determination.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM (2004) - University of Birmingham, School of Humanities, DOPLA: Teacher training course for Teachers of Modern Languages. (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ (1998) - Doctorate Courses. Modern Languages Department Programme (2:1). Equivalent to MA (Masters of Arts) in Humanities (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ (1996) - BA Hon's Spanish/English/German Language and Literature. 2:1. Universidad de Cadiz, Cadiz. (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ (1996) - C.A.P (A grade) Teacher Training Post Graduate Course in teaching MFL. Equivalent to PGCE. Universidad de Cadiz, Cadiz. (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
Rosa Maria's Feedback
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
I have just contacted you personally and also update my details in the first tutors website. I did not realize the phone number they had was an old one which I changed last December. Now everything is sorted out and I will see you and your son next Thursday as agreed. Yours,