Information About Rob - Gillingham tutor
This is how 3 referees rated Rob:
I am a professional drummer with over 10 years playing experience. Recently, I completed a BMus Degree in Professional Music Performance at the Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) in Guildford. During my time at ACM, I learnt from industry professionals including Frank Tontoh (Amy Winehouse, Level 42), Toby Drummond (Wicked, We Will Rock You) and Pete Riley. In 2013, I was a part of a world record attempt in which a team of drummers including Craig Blundell and Mike Dolbear drummed for 2 hour stints for a total of 70 hours straight.
I teach in my purpose-built drum studio in Hempstead in Kent and offer professional one-to-one tuition for people of all ages and experience levels. I am fully DBS checked and teach all ages from 7 and upwards.
I also currently teach one-to-one lessons at Bredhurst Primary School and I run a Drum Kit and Percussion Workshop at Hilltop Primary School.
My aim is for each individual to get the most enjoyment out of their tuition as possible, so lessons are tailored to each person’s preferences. Whether you are new to drumming and want to learn the fundamentals, or you are experienced and are looking to further your technical and musical knowledge, I can shape lessons to help you achieve your musical goals.
Practice outside of lesson time is essential, so to help my students I make tutorial videos to coincide with sheet music covering the material being learned during lessons.
I am able to teach a variety of styles and techniques including:
- Rock/Pop, Funk, Soul/Gospel/Motown, Country/Folk, Latin, Jazz
- Moeller stick technique, double bass pedals, rudiments
- Musicianship and improvising
- Playing to a metronome and backing tracks
- Sight Reading
- Ear Training
- Notation and Music Theory
- Composition and Production skills
- Live Performance
- Drum setup, tuning and maintenance
Lessons are £15 per half hour or £25 per hour.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) (2014) - BMus Professional Music Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- RMGS (2012) - A-Level Music (College) (✔ On File)
- RMGS (2012) - A-Level Music Technology (College) (✔ On File)
- Trinity College London (2010) - Grade 8 Drums (Professional) (✔ On File)