Information About Richard - Sheffield tutor - (5 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Richard:
I have more than 16 years of teaching experience across all GCSE sciences and maths including A-level physics.
Before we start:
• we will arrange an initial meeting which is completely free of charge
• during the meeting you will have the opportunity to view my ID, certificates and professional qualifications
• you will have the opportunity to ask all the questions you want about teaching styles and approach and to discuss any concerns you may have about your son or daughter
General Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE
Maths 11-16 (KS3, KS4); Adult Numeracy Core Curriculum: (E2 - L3)
Physics to A-level
Until recently, teaching mathematics (16-18 and adults) at The Sheffield College
When we start:
• your lessons will be planned on the basis of the skills you need to acquire or develop
• your lessons will use appropriate learning materials, examples and exercises and work will be set each week for review the following lesson
• your lessons will be unique: they are tailor-made just for you and no-one else
I will help motivate you by building on the learning you have already achieved. I will present the material in a stimulating and interesting way and I will encourage you at all times to aim for the highest standards of attainment. Although your lessons will be hard work they will be rewarding: the aim is to help you enjoy learning.
During each lesson:
• the focus will be on acquiring essential skills, deepening knowledge and improving your understanding
• in addition to the subject material we will improve your use of language (Quality of Written Communication)
• you will improve your exam technique by undertaking graded past papers and using the feedback provided to learn how to maximise the marks awarded
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Leeds University (1975) - Cert. Ed (College) (✔ On File)
- Leeds University (1975) - QTS (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Sheffield Polytechnic (1973) - HND Applied Physics (College) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||5|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
He sent sample reading and discussed ways of learning .
My son who is a teenager found him easy to follow and good at in depth discussion .
We have only had one session so far but I think he will be a good motivator and sounding board for questions and also provide honest feedback on progression and give individual one to one explanations to help with the understanding of the concepts required in a way that makes the subject interesting ,along with a good approach on how to answer questions .My son says he knows his stuff which is good feedback .