I have more than 16 years of teaching experience across all GCSE sciences and maths including A-level physics.
Before we start:
• we will arrange an initial meeting which is completely free of charge
• during the meeting you will have the opportunity to view my ID, certificates and professional qualifications
• you will have the opportunity to ask all the questions you want about teaching styles and approach and to discuss any concerns you may have about your son or daughter
Please note that travel is charged at 35p per mile.
General Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE
Maths 11-16 (KS3, KS4); Adult Numeracy Core Curriculum: (E2 - L3)
Physics to A-level
Until recently, teaching mathematics (16-18 and adults) at The Sheffield College
When we start:
• your lessons will be planned on the basis of the skills you need to acquire or develop
• your lessons will use appropriate learning materials, examples and exercises and work will be set each week for review the following lesson
• your lessons will be unique: they are tailor-made just for you and no-one else
I will help motivate you by building on the learning you have already achieved. I will present the material in a stimulating and interesting way and I will encourage you at all times to aim for the highest standards of attainment. Although your lessons will be hard work they will be rewarding: the aim is to help you enjoy learning.
During each lesson:
• the focus will be on acquiring essential skills, deepening knowledge and improving your understanding
• in addition to the subject material we will improve your use of language (Quality of Written Communication)
• you will improve your exam technique by undertaking graded past papers and using the feedback provided to learn how to maximise the marks awarded
|Availability||Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Leeds University||1975||College||Cert. Ed|
|Sheffield Polytechnic||1973||College||HND Applied Physics|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|