Information About Rebecca - Wallingford tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Rebecca:
APOLOGIES BUT I CANNOT TAKE ON ANY MORE STUDENTS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019
I have always loved learning science and math! And now I love sharing what I have learnt with others:
• I have a teaching scholarship and mentoring through the Royal Society of Chemistry
• I have a PhD in Veterinary Immunogenetics
• An equivalent to a Masters degree in mathematical and computational biology (SysMIC)
• 1st class BSc (Hons) in Medicinal Chemistry
• A levels in Biology (A) Chemistry (A) Psychology (A) and Maths (B)
• 11 GCSE's (A* - A).
I have also worked as a part-time carer for young people with mental and physical disabilities for 8 years. I have therefore worked with young people from many different backgrounds with various capabilities to support them in their every day life.
I love helping people to learn and achieve the very best version of themselves; I am patient, empathetic and experienced in building confidence in young people.
• I work at The Vyne school in Basingstoke as a science teacher whilst training through the Royal Society of Chemistry for my QTS. I have classroom experience and a good knowledge of the school curriculum and exam requirements.
•I previously worked at Science Oxford as a STEM Project officer where I developed and delivered teaching workshops for secondary school children throughout Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire, making science fun!
• I have an enhanced DBS check (certificate number **Telephone Number Removed** and training in safe-guarding children including in helping young people with anxiety.
• I am a qualified first aider, mental health first aider for young people and have public liability insurance.
• I am a CREST Award assessor for the British Science Association and review Y9 to Y12 research projects
Through my current work and experience in schools I enjoy inspiring students with STEM and believe in making learning fun and exciting for students so that it becomes more memorable. Every student is different with different learning styles and I believe in tailoring their tutoring to how they learn best.
My lessons aim to cover every aspect of their syllabus including how to answer exam questions in order to best prepare them for their exams, to build their confidence and enable them to achieve their very best.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Glasgow (2018) - PhD in Veterinary Immunogenetics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- University of Exeter (2013) - 1st class in Medicinal Chemistry (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Callington Community College (2010) - A Level Biology (A) Chemistry (A) Maths (B) Psychology (A) (College) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
I wholeheartedly recommend Rebecca, she is simply exceptional and we will be utilising her expertise at the next school break.