Information About Ravi - Southwark tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Ravi:
I have been tutoring since 2012 and I have gained extensive experience over the years as to how best to enhance my tutoring skills to ensure that the tutee obtains optimum results.
Aside from tutoring I enjoy playing cricket, golf and watching Formula 1 as well as spending time with my friends and family.
I am available during the day, in the evenings or at weekends.
I also provides high quality private tuition for advocacy, inclusive of both internal and external national and international mooting competitions. I also offer privation tuition services for general oral presentations such as for the oral defence during a dissertation or a general class presentation.
I am keen to help students in pursuit of academic excellence and spends as much time as is required to be sure his tutees are in the best possible position when it comes to their academic pursuits in order to achieve to the best of their abilities.
I tutored throughout my time at university. This has enabled me to learn the best way to deliver information in a concise but informative and clear way so that it is easily understandable and digestible so that the tutee is about to quickly comprehend the facts.
In addition to this, I have extensive experience in a variety of mooting competitions, including both internal, external and international moots such as:
- Editor-in-Chief and Senior Counsel of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Society at The University of Law
- Awarded the Faculty Prize in Recognition for Services to Mooting for the Academic Year 2013/2014
- Finalist in the University of Hertfordshire/Blackstone's National Criminal Advocacy Competition 2013/2014
- Represented London South Bank University in the Oxford University Press and BPP National Mooting Competition 2012/2013 in which we reach the Final 16 out of a total of 68 Universities.
- Captain and Coach of London South Bank University's external mooting team in the English Speaking Union: Essex Court Chambers National Mooting Competition in 2012/2013
- Master of Moots for London South Bank University's Law Society.
- Judge in both London South Bank University's Mooting Competition in 2012/2013 and 2013/2014
- Semi finalist of London South Bank University's Mooting Competition 2011/2012
I have been involved in pro bono work such as giving advice to clients at London South Bank University's Legal Advice Clinic. This has enabled me to enhance my ability to explain difficult legal concepts in basic terms so that the client can understand the process.
Although I have an engaging, informative and fun approach to tutoring, I also expect any work set to be done on time unless the tutee has a valid excuse. Whilst I am also very patient in my approach to tutoring, I also believe that tutoring is a two-way process so that it is the most productive. This means that whilst it is my job to plan the lessons and prepare, I believe that it equally the task of the pupil to complete the work that has been set.
I believe that it is not possible to layout a general tutoring approach due to the uniqueness of each student. However, since I have tutored a variety of students over the years I am usually able to correctly assess what approach would be preferable for that particular tutee in order to ensure that there is optimum engagement. In terms of university students studying the LLB, tuition sessions will usually consist of focusing on one topic per session in which there will be a discussion of the issues and the case law followed by the planning of a model answer to a past exam question. I use this approach as this manner has achieved the best results from my past tutees as it also allows for the enhancement of critical thinking.
I really enjoy tutoring, especially when I see that the tutee is progressing and eventually achieves a satisfactory result.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- London South Bank University (2014) - 2:1 LLB (Hons) Law (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Eastbourne College (2011) - A level Geography (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Eastbourne College (2009) - GCSE Histroy (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Eastbourne College (2009) - GCSE Geography (School) (✘ Not On File)