This is how 2 referees rated Poonam:
Computer Studies / I.T.
English (Foreign Language)
I am a very dedicated and determined teacher who believes in spending time with pupils to help them understand the subjects they are learning.
I feel that I am able to connect with pupils through my friendly and personable nature. I love teaching children and have the determination to provide the best possible education for them. I am flexible, patient, and understanding. I am extremely keen to explore creativity within the curriculum, and am committed to high expectation and achievement whilst looking to make learning more accessible and fun.
I am keen to be assigned to a position that will help me build up on my skills and grow as a professional in order to make me the best teacher that I am able to be.
TEACHING PERSONNEL Oct 2010 to till date
Teach pupils according to their individual needs including the planning, preparation and assessment of work in line with the agreed policies of the school.
Monitor and be responsible for the use of teaching resources provided for the class.
Supervise the use of support staff relevant to the class.
Implement and maintain the discipline and behaviour policy of the school.
Be responsible for monitoring and reporting to parents on the progress of pupils in the class.
Contribute to the provision of a safe, secure learning environment.
Ensure that each child is taught within a framework of equal opportunities.
To be responsible for the maintenance and efficient and effective use of teaching/learning materials allocated.
To ensure that the classroom is kept tidy and attractive.
TUTORING:- (May 2006 - Till date)
1-1 Tutoring teaching English, Maths & Science. Preparing students for 11+ exams.
Teaching Violin, Piano and Keyboard.
St. Georges. Community Children Project. (Part-time)
Nursery Teacher - Oct. 2006 to Aug 2012
(Working with children of age 9 months to 11 years)
● Teaching the students following the Foundation stage curriculum.
● Provide a safe environment for children and to provide for their needs such as skin care, health needs, specific needs and individual needs
● Provide children with a supportive and nurturing environment through positive reinforcement and the installation of self-esteem. They speak to children lovingly and respectfully and compliment them on their good behavior and execution of learned skills.
● Manage Design curriculum & lesson plans, perform basic administrative duties such as recording attendance and organizing student portfolios, provide individual assistance to students, as needed.
● Assisting with administrative tasks linked to the support of students.
● Assess a student's progress by observing performance and recording relevant data.
● Undertaking any task reasonably requested by the Manager or her
JUNE 2003 TO APRIL 2006 AMERICAN SCHOOL (INDIA) (Full-Time)
Music Teacher / Activity Co-ordinator
* Planning and preparing courses and lessons
* Teaching, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to him/her,
including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupils in school
* Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of
* Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class
or group of pupils assigned to him/her.
* Providing guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters and on
their further education and future careers including information about sources of more
expert advice on specific questions, making relevant records and reports.
* Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of pupils except in
instances where to do so might be regarded as compromising a teacher's own
* Communicating and consulting with the parents of pupils;
* Communicating and co-operating with such persons or bodies outside the school as
may be approved by the employing authority and the Board of Governors;
* Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
* Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils except in instances where to do so might be regarded as compromising a teacher's own position.
JUNE 2000 TO APRIL 2003 ZENITH HIGH SCHOOL (Full Time)
Provide instructional and clerical support for classroom teachers, allowing teachers more time for lesson planning and teaching
Assist children in learning class material using the teacher's lesson plans, providing students with individualized attention
Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, and hallways, or on field trips.
Planning lessons and organizing resources, record grades, set up equipment, and help prepare materials for instruction.
Helping students using computers and educational software programs.
Instructing, assisting, and supervising students, grade tests and papers, checking homework, keep health and attendance records, do typing and filing, and duplicate materials
Supporting students individually or in small groups outside the classroom
Assisting with administrative tasks linked to the support of students.
Undertaking any other task reasonably requested by the Head teacher or his representative.
I have a large range of teaching experience from very young to adult. I enjoy teaching and am considered to have caring approach and I try to make sure that learning takes place in a relaxed but studious situation.
|Date Last Logged In:||30/09/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||2 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Tunbridge Wells Maths tutor, Tunbridge Wells English tutor, Tunbridge Wells Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Tunbridge Wells Music tutor, Tunbridge Wells English (Foreign Language) tutor, Tunbridge Wells Urdu tutor, Tunbridge Wells Primary Maths tutor, Tunbridge Wells Casual Learner Maths tutor, Tunbridge Wells Primary English tutor, Tunbridge Wells Casual Learner English tutor, Tunbridge Wells Primary Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Tunbridge Wells Casual Learner Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Tunbridge Wells Primary Music tutor, Tunbridge Wells Secondary Music tutor, Tunbridge Wells Casual Learner Music tutor, Tunbridge Wells Primary English (Foreign Language) tutor, Tunbridge Wells Secondary English (Foreign Language) tutor, Tunbridge Wells University English (Foreign Language) tutor, Tunbridge Wells Casual Learner English (Foreign Language) tutor, Tunbridge Wells Primary Urdu tutor, Tunbridge Wells Secondary Urdu tutor, Tunbridge Wells University Urdu tutor, Tunbridge Wells Casual Learner Urdu tutor