Information About Phoebe - Oxford tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Phoebe:
Phoebe offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
I have recently graduated from the University of Oxford with a First Class honours degree in English Language and Literature, and am beginning a Masters course, in literature from 1550-1700, this autumn. I studied a huge range of literary works throughout my degree, and so I am well prepared to assist students with a variety of texts, whether it's those required for GCSE or A-Level or perhaps more unusual choices to stimulate enjoyment of the subject or in preparation for university (particularly Oxford or Cambridge interviews or entrance exams!)
I have loved studying English and am still an enthusiastic student myself - I hope to pass on that enjoyment of literature to all students, no matter their age or ability. I am particularly keen to help pupils master difficult texts, like Shakespeare, Austen and other older writers.
I studied 3 A-Levels in English Literature, English Language and History, and am keen to help students also taking one of these courses. I am also familiar with GCSE and Key Stage 3 syllabuses for English and History and am confident that younger students would also benefit from my expertise.
- I have tutored a small number of GCSE and A-Level students and am keen to get more experience.
- Considerable experience providing assistance with personal statements and university applications for all UK universities and a range of courses.
- Experience tutoring for Oxbridge entrance exams, particularly the ELAT, as well as interview skills and tips.
- I have assisted university students with preparing for dissertation or thesis writing, and also exam skills.
I am keen to use my own educational experience, as well as experience tutoring friends and younger students, to help others achieve their goals, whether that be an A*, a C, or simply a better understanding of course material. I attended two local comprehensive schools myself and thus am adept at spotting what students may be missing from their formal classroom experience, and to supply those missing links!
I will work incredibly hard to ensure students have all of the resources they need at their disposal and to adapt my own approach to their individual needs
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Oxford (2018) - English Language and Literature: 1st Class (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- A* (2015) - English Literature A-Level (College) (✔ On File)
- A (2015) - English Language A-Level (College) (✔ On File)
- A (2015) - History A-Level (College) (✔ On File)