Information About Phillippa - Chinnor tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Phillippa:
English (Foreign Language)
I am an Oxford University graduate with 13 years of tutoring and teaching experience.
- I have taught all ages (preschool through to adults) and abilities (beginners to advanced including post-graduates).
- Subjects I`ve taught are:
GCSE & A Level (Music, Maths, Business Studies, Media Studies, etc.)
SAT & ACT
University & Job Applications
British National Curriculum for Early Years (Numeracy & Literacy) and Primary School (Maths, English, etc.)
American K-12 Elementary School Curriculum (Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, etc.)
English proficiency tests (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge YLE, etc.)
Academic English (Writing, Presentations, etc.)
Advanced English Grammar & Vocabulary
EFL for total beginners
Improvisation & Jazz
- I have taught abroad for over three years so I am adept at teaching non-native speakers.
- I have worked in all kinds of settings at both public and private elementary & high schools (Charm Montessori School & Beaconsfield High School), universities (Reading University`s BYJO), adult language centres (WHYGO Language Center), cram schools (Alexander Academy), businesses (iChef), in the home (as a private and residential home school tutor), and online.
I am a highly ENTHUSIASTIC teacher with a passion for finding the best way to DEVELOP STUDENTS' SKILLS.
I am dedicated to offering the BEST SERVICE possible for my students. That's why I have put a lot of work into developing my own unique teaching approach, which I CONSTANTLY UPDATE AND IMPROVE.
Whatever your goals are, I am ADAPTABLE and will change my teaching to fulfill your interests and learning needs. I deliver PERSONALIZED lessons that are different for every student. As a former Montessori teacher, I support STUDENT-DIRECTED LEARNING (although I can use my background in curriculum design to create a learning scheme for you if you prefer). I will consult with you every lesson and regularly evaluate your level so that I only teach you what you need/want to learn.
My lessons encourage you to ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE in the learning process. I believe in guiding students to knowledge rather than just giving it to them. So instead of correcting you, I will guide you to work out what the right answer is yourself, and ensure you understand exactly why it is correct.
I also provide my students STUDY TIPS & TECHNIQUES that aid understanding and memorization. I am skilled at making teaching and learning material SIMPLE & ORGANIZED, and I can show you how to do this for yourself so you can master INDEPENDENT LEARNING.
Remembering is easier when you're RELAXED. Whilst I take my job very seriously, I also understand the importance of ENJOYING lessons. Therefore, I create a learning environment that is PATIENT, MOTIVATING, and INTERESTING. Lessons can be as CASUAL or SERIOUS as you prefer.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Oxford (2010) - Music (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Sir William Borlase's Grammar School (2006) - A Level English (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Sir William Borlase's Grammar School (2006) - A Level Music (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Sir William Borlase's Grammar School (2005) - A Level Maths (School) (✘ Not On File)