Information About Phillippa - Cardiff tutor
This is how a referee rated Phillippa:
I’m a soprano based in Cardiff, and graduated from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in 2012 with a First Class Honours degree in Vocal and Opera Studies. As a freelance singer and teacher, I’m highly enthusiastic about sharing my musical experience with anyone wishing to learn more about singing, performance, and their own voice.
I have much experience in teaching pupils of varying abilities and ages in a wide range of settings:
- Berkshire Maestros, the Young Musicians' Trust at Reading Music Centre: teaching individuals and small groups of students aged 14-19
- Go Theatre Arts: teaching group singing to students aged 4-18
- Private tuition: I teach children and adults singing in a variety of genres, as well as teaching music theory.
- Workshops: I have led music/singing workshops in schools including Penygraig Junior School, Aberllechau Primary School and Hendre Primary School, as well as leading group singing performances at the Wales Millennium Centre with Cardiff Music Service.
I’m an enthusiastic and experienced teacher and performer, and believe that everyone can gain enjoyment from singing. In each of my teaching sessions, I aim to maintain a friendly and relaxed yet productive environment. I am classically-trained, and teach vocal technique to ensure that every pupil develops a healthy, focused and sustainable voice. Alongside this, pupils improve musicianship, the ability to understand and portray characters through varied repertoire, and gain the confidence to perform. Pupils of all ages and abilities are welcome – work towards exams, performances or just sing for fun! I also teach music theory; elements of this, as well as aural skills and awareness of musical history, are covered in singing lessons, but full music theory lessons are also available separately if required.
In order for pupils to reach their full potential, I know it’s important for them to remain motivated and engaged, as well as being adequately prepared for their lessons. I encourage my pupils to practice regularly, and keep a record of their progress and the repertoire they study, as well as any upcoming performances or exams. At the end of each term, pupils receive a personalised report, reflecting their achievements as well as goals to work towards over the next term.
I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians, and have a full DBS (formerly CRB) check dated April 2013.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama (2012) - 1st BMus (Hons) Vocal and Opera Studies (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)