This is how 2 referees rated Phillippa:
English (Foreign Language)
I am a highly ENTHUSIASTIC teacher with a passion for finding the best way to DEVELOP STUDENTS' SKILLS. I am dedicated to offering the BEST SERVICE possible for my students. That's why I have put a lot of work into developing my unique teaching approach, which I CONSTANTLY UPDATE AND IMPROVE.
- I have 13 YEARS EXPERIENCE as a private tutor.
- I have taught ALL AGES (elementary/primary school through to adults) and abilities (BEGINNER to ADVANCED).
- Subjects I've taught are: English proficiency tests (IELTS & TOEFL), Business English, Academic English Writing (Composition) & Presentation, English Conversation, English Grammar, University & Job Applications, SAT & ACT, GCSE & A Level (Music, Business Studies, Media Studies, Maths, etc.), K-12 Elementary School Curriculum (Language Arts, Science, Reading, etc.), Music Theory, Musical Analysis, Improvisation & Jazz, Saxophone, and Piano.
- I've taught abroad (in Taiwan) for over three years so I'm used to teaching non-native speakers.
- I've worked in all kinds of SETTINGS at both public and private elementary & high schools (Charm Montessori School & Beaconsfield High School), universities (Reading University's BYJO), adult language centers (WHYGO Language Center), private language/cram schools (Alexander Academy), and at businesses (iChef).
HEAD OF ENGLISH (2013-2015) - Charm Montessori Elementary & Junior High School
INSTRUCTOR (2013-2015) - WHYGO Language Center
TEACHER (2012-2013) - Alexander Academy
GUEST TEACHER (2007-present) - Beaconsfield High School
PRIVATE TUTOR (2005-present)
My varied background and teaching experience has made me highly FLEXIBLE. I can adapt my teaching to fulfill each students' specific learning needs and interests. I am not one of those teachers who just stick to a book. Instead, I deliver PERSONALIZED lessons that are different for every student. As a former Montessori teacher, I support STUDENT-DIRECTED LEARNING (although my experience in CURRICULUM DESIGN enables me to create WELL-STRUCTURED LESSON PLANS as well). Every lesson, I consult with my students and regularly evaluate their level so that I only teach what they need/want to learn.
My lessons can be characterized by students' ACTIVE PARTICIPATION as opposed to mere lecturing by the teacher. I believe in guiding students to knowledge rather than just giving it to them. So instead of correcting students myself, I will help them to find the right answer themselves, and ensure they understand why exactly it is correct.
I also provide my students STUDY TIPS & TECHNIQUES that aid understanding and memorization. I am skilled at making teaching and learning material SIMPLE & ORGANIZED, and I can show students how to do this for themselves so that they can master INDEPENDENT LEARNING.
Whilst I take my job very seriously, I also understand the importance of lessons being ENJOYABLE. Therefore, I create a learning environment that is PATIENT, MOTIVATING, and INTERESTING. Lessons can be as CASUAL or SERIOUS as preferred.
Tags: Bourne End English tutor, Bourne End Music tutor, Bourne End English (Foreign Language) tutor, Bourne End Primary English tutor, Bourne End Secondary English tutor, Bourne End GCSE English tutor, Bourne End A-Level English tutor, Bourne End GCSE Music tutor, Bourne End A-Level Music tutor, Bourne End University Music tutor, Bourne End Casual Learner Music tutor, Bourne End Primary English (Foreign Language) tutor, Bourne End Secondary English (Foreign Language) tutor, Bourne End GCSE English (Foreign Language) tutor, Bourne End A-Level English (Foreign Language) tutor, Bourne End University English (Foreign Language) tutor, Bourne End Casual Learner English (Foreign Language) tutor