Information About Philip - Alton tutor
This is how 4 referees rated Philip:
• Trained musical instrument technician in woodwind and brass with Boosey and Hawkes
• Former Member of Institute of Musical Instrument Technology (M.I.M.I.T.)
• Saxophonist with Basingstoke Concert Band since 1994, and co-founder and performer with Anglo Sax (saxophone quartet) since 1997
• Performed throughout Europe with Basingstoke Concert Band, and on board cruise ships including the QE2
• Former Assistant Conductor at Basingstoke Concert Band for 3 years
• Composer/arranger of orchestral, choral, piano and concert band music - with more than a dozen published works to date
• My music has been performed by the likes of John Hudson (Principal Tenor, English National Opera) Joanna Weeks (Opera North) and various other performers.
• 2001 – Present: Peripatetic Music Teacher, The Royal School, Haslemere
• 1999 – Present: Peripatetic Music Teacher, Royal Junior School, Hindhead
• 1999 – Present: Peripatetic Music Teacher, Alton Convent School
• 1999 – 2013: Peripatetic Music Teacher, Brockhurst School, Hermitage
At each of the above schools, my role entails individual instrumental tuition on woodwind and brass, to prepare students for ABRSM Grade exams.
On occasions, I arrange exam entries on behalf of the pupils.
My main aim and consideration in teaching is for the whole experience to be an enjoyable one. To help pupils to reach a high level of playing is of course high on the list, but balanced with the necessity for it to be something to be enjoyed and not looked upon as a chore in any way. I am very keen for pupils not to feel under pressure during lessons, and like to add variety to the music that they play.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institute of musical instrument technology (1992) - M.I.M.I.T (Other) (✘ Not On File)