Information About Philip - Reading tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Philip:
Currently an A Level Examiner for Edexcel and AQA and Head of Department for Business and Enterprise at a Berkshire Secondary School.
Hello, my name is Philip. I am 26 years old and I am originally from Belfast, currently living in Reading.
I was lucky enough to know from the age of four that I wanted to be a teacher and have never strayed from that goal since. In 2014 I completed my Teacher training at Stranmillis University College in Belfast, receiving my B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) degree in Business and Enterprise and since then I have gone on to be the Head of Department for the Business and Enterprise department at a Berkshire secondary school.
- Currently Head of Business and Enterprise department at a Berkshire Secondary School (currently rated "Good" by Ofsted)
- Experience of teaching GCSE, BTEC and A Level Business and Accounting
- Currently serving as an A Level Examiner for Edexcel and AQA.
- Three years experience of one to one private tutoring of GCSE, A Level and University level Business students. This has included students who are looking for extra support in addition to enrollment at a School/College and students who are studying for a qualification independently at home.
In general, I always endeavor to make Business as interesting and as accessible as possible! I try to fight the perception every day that Business is a 'boring subject'. With help from an enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about Business and lots of exam practice, I believe everyone find value in their Business qualification.
What separates myself from other tutors is the emphasis that I place on exam technique in my sessions. In my experience as a teacher I have seen students jump one or two grades ahead purely based on an improved writing style and improvement in their exam technique. With the new increasingly demanding A Level and GCSE qualifications now in place, this skill is now more important than ever. A student can learn their Business textbook inside out, but if they are unable to present their knowledge in the format that the examiner is looking for, they will not achieve their full potential in the qualification.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Sandhurst School (2015) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Stranmillis University College (2014) - B.Ed Business and Enterprise (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
In summary I would highly recommend Philip as he is an excellent and motivated and engaging tutor.
Thank you Philip.
It is a big bonus that Phil is a qualified teacher who is currently teaching the A level. Phil has been able to speed up the process with up to date notes, questions, and has marked/ reviewed essays.
Overall we are very impressed.