Information About Peter - Haringey tutor - (1 review)
This is how 3 referees rated Peter:
Very experienced, friendly, professional and egg approachable musician offering tuition over a wide variety of areas in music.
During my time at the University of Aberdeen, I have been exposed to huge array of music, and have been able to work alongside a very large number of established and/or well-known professionals and this has helped me to develop a huge body of knowledge of the subject, and a wealth of experience to pass on.
Here are the services I am happy to offer:
- Cello Tuition: I am a post Grade 8 cellist, and have been the principal cellist of a number of ensembles in Aberdeen, as well as having performed all over Scotland and in Liverpool and London. I have had experience playing music of all styles from early Renaissance and Baroque music, all the way up to Contemporary Classical, Pop and Jazz music. I have had experience teaching cello to children, students and adult learners alike in one-to-one or group/sectional settings and am happy to teach anyone of any standard, from absolute beginners to more advanced players. I can even provide basic improvisational coaching.
- Music Theory and/or Composition tuition: As a composer, I am well-versed in most facets of musical theory. I am happy to again provide tuition to people of any standard, from absolute beginners, to pupils who are trying to pass their ABRSM Grade 5 theory or A-level music exams, or to those who wish to know more about the cutting edge of very advanced musical theory (such as Spectral Music, etc.). I've had experience with teaching theory and harmony to First and Second year university students. I can also teach general musicianship, with experience in use of the Kodaly method. As a composer I would also be happy to coach new composers in developing their style, learning about instrumentation and orchestration (a subject which is one of my specialties), proper score and parts formatting and even help with using programs such as Sibelius in a one-to-one tutorial/discussion setting.
- General Music Tuition: I also have a wide knowledge of the history of music in a Western Context from the 11th Century up to the present day -mainly focusing on Baroque instrumentation and performance practice, Beethoven and the Classical/Romantic transitional period, and Western Art Music from about 1890 to the present day, with branches into the Aesthetics of Music, Psychoacoustics and the Physics of Music. I would happily assist students requiring help with music essays, or in preparation for GCSE or A-Level music exams.
- Other Instrumental Tuition: I am also comfortable teaching the Bass Guitar to an intermediate/advanced level, the Viola and Guitar to an intermediate level, and the Violin and Double Bass to a beginner level.
I have on a number of occasions over the past two years provided instrumental tuition to children, fellow students and adult learners alike, and I have experience teaching on one-to-one and group/sectional settings.
Over the same time period, I have also taught Music theory, harmony and history to university students, with successful results, and I also have experience teaching general musicianship skills with the Kodaly method.
My approach to tutoring is informed by my own experiences as a student, as well as advice from my lecturers and mentors over the past four years. I am a friendly, understanding and patient tutor, and am skilled in finding alternate ways to understand facets of music to suit many different styles of learning.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Aberdeen (2016) - First Class with Honours (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|