Craft and Design
I have been an art and design college lecturer for thirteen years. I primarily worked at Hereward College in Coventry which is an independent national institution which specialises in education for disabled learners. The students that I have worked with had a diverse range of learning, physical, emotional and behavioural needs. I would now like to continue my career, building upon the skills I have developed from my previous employment. I believe I have a lot to offer in terms of my experience and approaches to education.
Art and Design Lecturer 1998-2011 at Hereward College, Coventry
• Co-ordinator for BTEC level 1, 2 and 3 art and design programmes
• Personal tutor
• BTEC Lead Internal Verifier
• Creative Studies Equality and Diversity Champion
I have taught on the following programmes:
• BTEC level 3 Foundation Studies
• BTEC level 2 Art and Design
• BTEC level 1 Art and Design
• BTEC level 3 Performing Arts
• BTEC entry level 3 Business Studies
• GCSE Art and Design
• NOCN levels 1-3 evening classes in watercolour, drawing and painting and Life Drawing
• Young enterprise
• Short leisure courses in art and design
In addition to my general duties
• Support fashion shows in the college
• Lead workshops through ‘The Big Draw’, and “ Holocaust Memorial Day” projects
• Set up collaborative projects with the performing arts and music departments,
• Set up collaborative projects with various external agencies and other educational institutions, to provide the students with meaningful work experience.
Art and Design Lecturer 1998 to 2001 at Tile Hill College, Coventry
• BTEC Pre Foundation in art and design
• A Level Graphic design
• NOCN levels 1-3 evening classes in watercolour, drawing and painting
Artist in Residence at Saint Chad’s Church, Woodend, Coventry
• Church Urban Fund art workshops.
• Jigsaw art club (weekly art workshops)
• Theatrical scenery
• Mixed media mural
I have excellent leadership skills, organisation skills and time management through my thirteen years of experience at Hereward College.
I am very outgoing and form professional and social relationships easily, I have an open manner and I am able to remain focussed in challenging situations, whilst also being able to think creatively and develop flexible approaches to negotiate positive outcomes.
Tags: Kingsbridge Craft and Design tutor, Kingsbridge GCSE Craft and Design tutor, Kingsbridge A-Level Craft and Design tutor, Kingsbridge University Craft and Design tutor, Kingsbridge Casual Learner Craft and Design tutor