I am a professional secondary school teacher, with over 18 years experience in physics, chemistry and science. I am DBS checked and am based in Tycoch, Swansea.
I was educated locally and went to Swansea University. After attaining a degree, PhD and PGCE I started teaching physics in 1997. In 2002 I was appointed as head of physics in a local secondary school teaching students aged 11-18.
In 2016 I decided to concentrate solely on tutoring.
I have been a teacher of Science and Physics for 18 years and Head of Physics for 14 years.
I have taught:
• AS and A level physics using AQA, Edexcel, WJEC and OCR specifications.
• GCSE triple award physics using OCR, AQA and WJEC specifications.
• GCSE double award physics using OCR, AQA, Edexcel and WJEC specifications.
• GCSE double award chemistry using OCR, AQA and WJEC specifications.
• BTEC First in Applied Science (L2 - Edexcel).
I am an assistant examiner and senior assessor for a leading UK examination board.
I offer a customised learning approach which is guided by the needs of the pupil. I encourage the pupil to set the topic if (s)he wants.
Not only do I cover the specification required but I also tailor the lesson to the student by:
• revision techniques
• coaching in weak areas
• practical test advice
• typical exam questions asked
• producing "live" revision questions
• homework questions set and marked
• reteaching missed topics
• exam and mock exam preparation
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Swansea University||1997||Doctorate||Quantum Mechanics|
|Swansea University||1992||Bachelors||BSc (Hons, Class I) Chemistry|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|