Information About Paul - Swansea tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Paul:
I am a professional secondary school teacher, with over 18 years experience in physics, chemistry and science. I am DBS checked and am based in Tycoch, Swansea.
I was educated locally and went to Swansea University. After attaining a degree, PhD and PGCE I started teaching physics in 1997. In 2002 I was appointed as head of physics in a local secondary school teaching students aged 11-18.
In 2016 I decided to concentrate solely on tutoring.
I have been a teacher of Science and Physics for 18 years and Head of Physics for 14 years.
I have taught:
• AS and A level physics using AQA, Edexcel, WJEC and OCR specifications.
• GCSE triple award physics using OCR, AQA and WJEC specifications.
• GCSE double award physics using OCR, AQA, Edexcel and WJEC specifications.
• GCSE double award chemistry using OCR, AQA and WJEC specifications.
• BTEC First in Applied Science (L2 - Edexcel).
I am an assistant examiner and senior assessor for a leading UK examination board.
I offer a customised learning approach which is guided by the needs of the pupil. I encourage the pupil to set the topic if (s)he wants.
Not only do I cover the specification required but I also tailor the lesson to the student by:
• revision techniques
• coaching in weak areas
• practical test advice
• typical exam questions asked
• producing "live" revision questions
• homework questions set and marked
• reteaching missed topics
• exam and mock exam preparation
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Swansea University (1997) - Secondary (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Swansea University (1997) - Quantum Mechanics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Swansea University (1992) - BSc (Hons, Class I) Chemistry (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
He got the grade he was hoping for.
Would recommend in Swansea area.