Information About Patrick - London tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Patrick:
Computer Studies / I.T.
PE / Sport Science
Having completed a BA in Geography at the University of Cambridge and an MSc in Sustainable Development at Royal Holloway, University of London, I am now working as a 'real life geographer’ as a Senior Economic Development and Regeneration consultant in London. I am a passionate tutor and have had much success with students working towards their GCSEs, A-Levels and university degrees.
* I know how to achieve exam success, attaining 8 A*s and 2 As at GCSE level, and 3 A*s and 1 A at A-Level
* I achieved a distinction for my MSc in Sustainable Development and received the highest mark of my cohort
* I was awarded a prize for the best dissertation for my MSc in Sustainable Development
* I scored a high 2.i for my BA in Geography and was awarded a number of travel awards to undertake my dissertation
My specialisms are tutoring and providing support for those writing dissertations, coursework and essays (including proofreading).
* I have tutored GCSE and A-Level students from Latymer Upper School (Hammersmith), the French Lycée (South Kensington) and Bennett Memorial Diocesan School (Tunbridge Wells) - on average my students grades have increased by two levels (e.g. from a C to an A)
* I have supported students from Newcastle University, Reading University, Durham University and Sheffield University with improving their essays and dissertations
* I have undertaken extensive proofreading of essays and projects for students from the University of Cambridge, Royal Holloway University and Sheffield University
* I have fully supported a student with their Extended Project dissertation and presentation (they attained an A*)
* I have been tutoring an elderly friend how to use their iPad and iPhone
I take a structured and organised approach to tutoring. This involves the provision of high quality, self made workbooks for students to complete alongside my teaching - I take a 'learning by doing' approach and do not lecture. This is followed up by the creation of mind maps and the completion of exam questions. I often co-teach with my close friend and PhD student Daniel Casey.
I believe that effective tutoring requires a long-term, progressive approach to learning so tend to seek regular work (e.g. weekly) with sessions lasting between 2 and 3 hours.
I live in Crystal Palace and work in Farringdon. At the moment I only have very limited capacity and can help on a topic by topic basis or with essay/dissertation support.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Holloway, University of London (2016) - MSc Sustainable Development - Distinction (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2014) - Geography - 2.i (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Bennett Memorial, Tunbridge Wells (2011) - A-Level Biology - A* (School) (✔ On File)
- Bennett Memorial, Tunbridge Wells (2011) - A-Level Psychology - A* (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
I can't recommend Patrick enough. He is totally committed to helping his students and the amount of effort and time he spent creating revision booklets, taking Harry on field trips and basically making revision fun was amazing.
If you are looking for a very conscientious tutor who obviously wants to get the best out of his students, please don't hesitate to contact Patrick.