Information About Mike - Bristol tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Mike:
Mike offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Electronics / Electronic Engineering
I am a professional engineer and business manager who has used maths, physics and engineering in real working contexts for many years in large, engineering and defence-focused companies.
I now draw on my extensive real life skills and experience to provide tailored tuition in MATHS, PHYSICS and ENGINEERING at the following levels:
- AS Level
- A Level
- Undergraduate Maths for Non-Mathematicians
- Undergraduate Maths, Physics and Engineering support for 1st and 2nd year mathematicians, physicists and engineers
- Maths, physics and engineering tuition and career mentoring support for engineering apprentices
Originally, I was hand-picked to join the Ministry of Defence apprenticeship scheme where I gained hands on engineering, maths and physics experience in real life engineering environments on board ships and submarines. I subsequently gained a BSc (Hons) Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Bath University.
I recently won a scholarship from the Institute of Physics to teach physics in schools.
Please see my website for more information and to see numerous testimonials from happy customers!
5 years as a private tutor covering:
- AS Maths and Physics
- A Level Maths and Physics
- plus Undergraduate Maths for Non-Maths Students and maths and physics support for 1st/2nd year engineering students eg on fluid dynamics with vector calculus.
Many of my students have stayed with me right from end of GCSEs through to university.
Face-to-face or On-Line Tutoring Available.
Face-to-Face: at my home office in BS9 area of Bristol. 1-to-1 or small groups of up to 4 people
On-line: via Bitpaper, Skype, Google Hangouts or Zoom usually.
The home office is a comfortable garden room equipped with wifi and whiteboard.
My approach is to ensure that each class is focused yet relaxed.
My students often comment on how much they enjoy my classes due to the teaching environment, my approach and the way I am able to explain complex concepts so they are understood.
I use a mixture of good humoured, motivational support but also often provide career and exam technique mentoring and coaching when appropriate.
Choosing me as your tutor will help you:
- Improve subject matter knowledge (not just to pass exams)
- Increase understanding
- Boost exam confidence
- Raise expected exam grades
I always work hard to ensure that the learning experience for my students as effective and enjoyable as possible. To get the best out of my services, I do always ask in return that the student is also 100% committed.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institute of Physics (2012) - Teaching Scholarship (Other) (✔ On File)
- University of Bath (1984) - Elec & Electronic Engineering (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- City of Bath College (1980) - Elec & Electronic Engineering (Other) (✔ On File)
- City of Bath College (1978) - ONC - Elec & Electronic Engineering (Professional) (✔ On File)