Information About Marta - Hackney tutor
This is how 3 referees rated Marta:
In my spare time I enjoy being outdoors walking or doing sport, being creative (especially drawing and cooking), and listening to music.
I am currently working for ICS International Community School supporting and assisting the Spanish classes, supervising the lunch and break activities, as well as administrative duties.
July-August 2015 / Teaching Assistant / ICS International Summer Primary School, London:
• Supporting pupils’ aged 8-10 in the classroom and on field trips.
• Supporting the learning of individuals and groups of pupils as identified in the weekly curriculum planning and to act as a role model, setting high expectations.
• Working with other staff to develop and implement Individual International Learning Plans (IILP) for pupils.
• Encouraging pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others.
• Observing, recording and supporting the development and progress of pupils.
April 2015 – June / Part time After School Club Assistant (1 day / week) Highbury Fields School, Islington:
• Providing tutoring and support to struggling pupils leading up to GCSE exams.
• Working towards the achievement of challenging targets for all pupils.
• Planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating pupils’ learning, including accurate record keeping and target setting.
• Providing for a variety of learning styles in all teaching.
April 2015 – June Part time Spanish Teacher (2days/week)International House/Teacher training:
• Preparing and delivering Spanish lessons to a group of 16 adults at Beginner, Elementary and Intermediate level.
• Designing lesson plans for each teaching session (2 hours teaching/day) which are appropriately staged and varied, and activities appropriate for the lesson.
• Suggesting solutions to anticipate problems.
• Providing for a variety of learning styles in all teaching and awareness of contexts and resources.
• Monitoring learners appropriately in relation to the task or activity.
February 2013– Present /Private Spanish Tutor Freelance, London
• Preparing and delivering 1 on 1 Spanish lessons for both children and adults across a range of ability levels.
• Tailoring lessons to individual student needs and tracking student progress.
I am an energetic and enthusiastic Spanish native with fluent English skills. I am currently looking for opportunities in education where I am given an opportunity to teach students about different aspects of Spanish language and culture. I have the ability to teach young children and adults in an equally engaging manner.
I am a qualified teacher with valid certification in teaching Spanish (CLTA) and Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
I am very flexible, patient, friendly, and hard-working, having built up many years of work experience in business and media which taught me to be very well organised and work well as part of a team.
I have strong listening and verbal skills, which is vital in effective interpersonal communication and is linked to being sensitive and empathetic with others. I am also very creative and playful, which helps me with problem solving and finding original ways to get things done.
I offer technical expertise, enthusiasm, commitment, and purpose. Particularly, I have a strong knowledge of:
• Planning programs of study that meet the individual requirements, interests, and abilities of students.
• Using advanced and appropriate instructional methods and materials.
• Creating an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and suitable to the maturity and interests of students.
• Maintaining discipline and classroom control.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- International House (2015) - CLTA / Teach Spanish to Adults (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- City and Islington College (2015) - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- IEES (1998) - Advertising and PR (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)