Information About Mairead - Canonbury tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Mairead:
Computer Studies / I.T.
Responsible, reliable and enthusiastic individual with several years experience in the Educational sector.
Adaptable, flexible with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who enjoys working and participating in team orientated environments and has the ability to work on own initiative.
Highly organised with strong attention to detail and an impeccable work ethic ensuring delivery of projects to a consistently high standard.
Qualified with a Higher Bachelor of Education
Recent Employment History
Starting date: 1/9/14 – 31/12/15
Name of School: Christ the King Roman Catholic Primary School Islington
Position Held: Year 3 Teacher
Type of School: Catholic School
- Weekly planning and preparing for daily lessons.
- Implementing the school behaviour policy and ethos.
- Providing children with high quality teaching using differentiated techniques and planning so that all children are included and can access the lessons.
- Ensuring the safeguarding of all children by reporting all incidents to the Child Protection Officer.
- Assessing progress and targeting areas of learning that can improve.
- Marking all work and providing feedback to children to boost their learning.
- Coordinating Maths Whizz club after school weekly where children use the school computers to improve their maths.
- Leading the school in creative arts by ensuring music, drama and art were being integrated and taught in every class.
- Managing the school choir by choosing songs and holding practice every week.
Dates of Employment: 16th, 20th and 24th of May. 2nd –6th June.
Name of School/ Location: Sacred Heart RC Primary School, Holloway, London
Position Held: Supply teaching for Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 4.
Type of School: Catholic
• Implementing the school ethos and behaviour policy while the class teacher was out.
• Following the timetable and continuing with curricular activities the teacher wants to have completed while absent.
• Ensuring the safety of the children is kept by upholding the school policy and ensuring each child was collected by an adult they know at the end of the day.
Dates of Employment: March 2013 and Sept-Oct 2012
Name of School/ Location: Lucan East Educated Together National School, Dublin
Position Held: Learning Support Teacher for Year, 3 and 4. Supply Teacher for Reception and Year 2.
Type of School: Multi-denominational
• Assessed children’s individual progress, developed and implemented new plans for individual students, who required 1:1 personal assistance.
• Assisted and supported teachers in the classroom when teaching students intricate lessons on daily basis.
• Identified challenges students faced and introduced new teaching methods to overcome these challenges.
• Held information sessions with the children to establish their learning interests, then developed their lessons on the feedback received.
• Achieved weekly, monthly targets as required by management.
Highly commended for my work performance by school Principal on numerous occasions, while substituting for the Deputy Principal.
Dates of Employment: May- June 2011
Name of School/ Location: Esker Educate Together National School, Dublin
Position Held: Learning Support Teacher
Type of School: Multi-denominational
• Supported team to organise events such as ‘Mother Tongue Week’ by planning activities and ways to celebrate each language spoken in the school.
• Responsible for assisting the teachers in the class room which included various activities throughout the day.
• Implemented and developed plans to assist children to improve their English.
• Designed and made booklets for 6th class graduation.
• Organised and arranged the venue for the graduation day which included seating arrangements, the stage, decorations and refreshments.
Re-organised the school library which included designing and implementing a new borrowing system.
Dates of Employment: October 2011 – January 2012
Name of School/ Location: Giraffe Childcare, Dublin
Position Held: Montessori Teacher
Type of School: Montessori School and Creche
• Reported to parents on daily basis relating to their children’s progress which included a checklist of the children’s daily activities and food intake.
• Dealt with parents concerns by setting up meetings on an individual basis to discuss and resolve any issues.
• Responsible for administration of children’s records including activities and tasks completed.
• Re-designed the layout of classroom which created more room and structure to the class room.
• Over and exceeded monthly targets as outlined by management, which included displays within the classroom and creating new ideas to assist the children to develop their skills creatively.
Awarded ‘Room of the Month’ for classroom display.
Created a new structured timetable which improved room management.
Initiated new systems which improved the day to day running of the Montessori school.
My approach to teaching will be based on the experience I have gathered in the classroom. I will begin by assessing the child in the subject and then identifying gaps in the their knowledge. With this information I will then develop a plan for the individual child to help secure their knowledge of the subject. I will continue to assess the child throughout the tutoring to ensure that progress is being made in each session. The content of each session will be taken from the national curriculum.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Marino Institute of Education (2012) - Honours Bachelor of Education (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)