Information About Lisa - Edinburgh tutor
This is how 3 referees rated Lisa:
I am a fully qualified French and Spanish teacher based in the south of Edinburgh. I did my teacher training at the University of Edinburgh's Moray House after completing a Masters (Hons) in Translation and Interpreting from Heriot Watt University.
I taught at a secondary school in Midlothian from 2007-2017 and during my training completed placements at two independent schools in Edinburgh. I now tutor, translate and proofread on a self-employed basis.
I have experience teaching S1-S6, covering the new National courses and Higher.
My initial degree places me well to tutor students for the translation component of the New Higher exam and I have also recently completed a course through FutureLearn with the University of Lancaster focusing on teaching Modern Languages to dyslexic students.
After discussion with the student to establish what his/her individual needs are, we will work on areas of weakness. Depending on requirements, activities are designed to improve the four skills (listening, talking, reading and writing), increase vocabulary and work on exam technique.
A key focus is to increase the student's confidence and belief that he/she can communicate effectively in the foreign language.
* Please note, I teach students the skills they need to progress. I will not complete essays/coursework for them.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- GTCS (2011) - GTCS Full Registration in Spanish (QTS) (✔ On File)
- GTCS (2008) - Full Registration in French (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Moray House - University of Edinburgh (2007) - PGDE (Sec) graduated with distinction (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Heriot Watt University (2005) - MA (Hons) Interpreting and Translation - French and Spanish (Masters) (✔ On File)