Information About Lewis - Southampton tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Lewis:
I am studying the Graduate Medicine course at the University of Southampton and would love to share my enthusiasm for the sciences and maths to the next generation of students.
- Prior to this, I graduated from the University of Leeds with a 2:1 in Medical Sciences specialising in physiology and neuroscience.
- Following the graduation from my undergraduate I was sponsored to study for a Masters by Research investigating and developing a diagnostic tool for acute kidney failure.
- I am a meticulously thorough, compassionate and patient individual who takes a genuine pride in all that I do. Furthermore, I strive to improve tutee's holistic academic abilities beyond the specific subject of tuition.
- Prior to this, I attended Wymondham High School Sixth form from which I graduated with the A-levels in Chemistry, Biology and Economics (AA*A*) and AS levels in Maths and extended project qualification (BA).
- Outside of education, I am a 24 year old with keen interests in sports, fitness/nutrition, travelling and reading.
- Outside of tutoring, I work for a UKCAT revision company. The UKCAT is a medical school entrance exam, and my role within this company is to research and write mock exam questions and to review and help candidates write their personal statement.
- My primary academic interest is all areas of physiology and anatomy but my university degree has left me well versed in Maths, Chemistry, and Biochemistry too.
- An active freelance tutor working over several years.
- I have worked with children ranging from secondary education to A-level across a broad range of subjects.
- This diversity of students and subjects has enabled me to become flexible and capable of tailoring my teaching to the exact needs of the child, whether this be fast paced or more easy going.
- Throughout my time at school and university, I was a peer mentor as I have always enjoyed supporting and teaching peers. This enjoyment of teaching is something I wish to pursue as part of my future career as a doctor.
1 - Flexible: Not everyone has the same ability or needs when it comes to learning or understanding topics. One of my favorite aspects of teaching is being able to explain complex topics in a digestible and understandable manner.
2 - Thorough: From my own experience, I have learned that problems within subjects can run deep into the understanding of the fundamentals on which a topic is based. I believe it is important to communicate these effectively to provide the student with a strong foundation to learn independently.
3 - Patient: Having spent over 18 years of my life in education, I have experienced the feeling of being 'out of depth' on numerous occasions. As a result, I am able to empathise with students when they feel the same way and understand the importance of building confidence within a subject.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Leeds (2017) - MSc By Research (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Leeds (2015) - Medical Sciences (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Wymondham High School Sixth Form (2012) - A Levels (A*A*A) (School) (✔ On File)
- Wymondham High School Sixth Form (2011) - A Levels (AB) (School) (✔ On File)