Hello, I'm Kesia.
- to degree level
- to Year 9 (Pre-GCSE)
- school or LAMDA exams/drama school auditions
11+/13+ (incl. Maths, Science, Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning)
I'm a CELTA-qualified English teacher, with experience teaching both privately, and with well-known EFL companies such as Berlitz and RUF-Reisen, in Japan, Germany, Romania, France, and the UK. I have designed curriculums for RUF-Reisen, and am thus very comfortable creating lesson-plans and learning-goals from scratch.
I graduated from CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY with a First in French & German. I have experience teaching both French and German privately. I have lived and worked for extended periods in both France and Germany and speak both languages with native-level fluency.
Alongside tutoring I have worked professionally as an actor and theatre director since 2015, having trained in acting and directing at the Conservatoire Camille Saint-Saens (Paris), and the Young Vic (London). I am currently studying a part-time MA in Contemporary Performance Practices with theatre company ZU-UK at the University of East London.
I have experience teaching all age-ranges, from very, very small (3-6) all the way through to 60+.
- 6 years private tuition of All Subjects (above) in London, Paris, and Kyoto/Osaka, Japan
- 1 year teaching English to adults & children with BERLITZ JAPAN in Osaka, Japan
- 1 year teaching English children 3-17 with EPION, in Osaka, Japan
- 1 year teaching English adults through current affairs discussion on Skype with News Online
- 3 years teaching English and developing theatre workshops with children 7-16 with RUF-Reisen/International Projects in Germany/Romania
- 2 months teaching English to teenagers 12-18 with Kings Colleges, London
I tailor my lessons to the needs and desires of my pupils.
For children and teenagers, especially, I ensure to always keep things fun and interesting, and try to find out what my pupils find engaging, particularly if they have not found the subject in question engaging so far.
For adults, I do the same!
In foreign-language teaching I cover areas such as:
- Practical/Communication-based role-plays
- Exam-preparation (e.g. IELTS)/Interview preparation
- Writing-skills (academic, business, creative...)
- Business English
- Culture/Current affairs
|Languages||English (British), French, German, Spanish|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Cambridge||2014||Bachelors||French & German|
|Stanton School of English||2012||Other||CELTA - EFL|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|